Beer

i somehow missed the manitou springs lager fest last weekend. im not really into lagers, but it could have been fun
~gR~

Had a Rochefort 10 tonight. Dry, medicinal and herbal. I was expecting more fruitiness and sweetness. I prefer Chimay Blue and St. Bernardus Abt 12 to this.

Now onto a Dogfish Head World Wide Stout. Super boozy at 18%. Tasty, but really tough to down. Ideal for sampling with 3-6 people though. Certainly has plenty going on, but probably not a repeat buy.

yeah...Rochefort 10 isn't my favorite. It's a bit too dark for me (I like my belgians and trappists on the lighter side) and too many spices and chunks floating around in it

so tonight at the bar I had New Belgium's Hoptober Fest...it was a nice pale ale. nothing spectacular. then, I had a geuze, which one of my friends loves, so I decided to try it out. I shelled out $16 for it, and I couldn't drink it. I've determined I am not a sour beer fan. I didn't even finish it...I was pretty upset

Drank a Weyerbacher 14 tonight. Its a strong wheat wine. A little hot, but I dont mind.
Just brewed my 1st homebrew of the year a few days ago (been slacking). Trying to tweak the recipe of my Burning Darkness chipotle porter. I'm not trying to make hot sauce beer, but a good dark, smoky beer with a hint of spice in the finish. I also name all my beers after metal bands/albums/songs, so yes, I got this name from the At The Gates album.

so tonight at the bar I had New Belgium's Hoptober Fest...it was a nice pale ale. nothing spectacular. then, I had a geuze, which one of my friends loves, so I decided to try it out. I shelled out $16 for it, and I couldn't drink it. I've determined I am not a sour beer fan. I didn't even finish it...I was pretty upset

Saw that Hoptoberfest and wondered, but would not commit to a 12 pack. Sounds like that was a good decision. I need to try a sour beer. What is it like? I have some idea that it's like that sour candy.

My recent purchases:

Sierra Nevada - Torpedo Extra IPA
- good

Boulder Flashback Aniversary Ale
- they call it an India Brown Ale..and that about what it tasts like. A more hoppy brown. Pretty good.

Lost Coast Indica IPA - ok

Green Flash - West coast IPA
- pretty good. Extra bitter, similar to Arrogant Bastard to some degree, and 7.3 abv to AB's 7.2. Pretty similar.

Samuel Adams Long shot 6 pack.
2 each of a double IPA, a Cranberry Wit, and a traditional Bock. Tried the wit, and it was pretty good.

Bear Republic - Racer 5 IPA
-haven't tried it

Bear republic - Hop Rod Rye
- haven't drank it, but I really like this beer, and it's cheap.

Local candy store had 12 packs of Carlsberg for $9.99 which i couldn't pass up it's usually $7.99 for a 6 pack. I'm really enjoying this stuff, suprised i've waited this long tbh.

I'm not much of a beer drinker, but Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is pretty good. So is Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat. The latter has a distinct Fruity Pebble aftertaste to it.

I just read through all 48 pages...god.

Some funny comments in this thread, for sure. Some good beer advice too. I'm going to sleep.