Beer

had this tonight: Mikkeller's It's Alright Belgian Wild Ale (coincidentally in a New Belgium glass):

mikkeller%20its%20alright.jpg

not bad. It's...alright (see what I did there!) It's a bit sour, but decent. I wouldn't get it again though

Would you gents recommend trying Budweiser? I recently found that it's readily available in Oz but I can only pick it up in a 24-pack, so I don't want to get all this if it's going to be shithouse. I usually only drink Aussie beers for freshness reasons, but Budweiser pulls in my curiousity.

I can pick it up at AU $50 for a slab.

No, no, no. I hope you get good American beer, because it probably is the best in the world.

Bud is better than the other macro lagers, but doesn't Australia have worthwhile ales?
Right you are, good sir.

There's Foster's (which everybody hates, but I love), Cooper's Pale Ale and dozens more.

I was also considering ordering some Arrogant Bastard online.

If you like Foster's there's a chance you'll like Budweiser. Can't you try it at a bar? I'm not sure if that price is much of a deal or not. Or if they have a satellite brewery there like Foster's does in the US.

If you like Foster's there's a chance you'll like Budweiser. Can't you try it at a bar? I'm not sure if that price is much of a deal or not. Or if they have a satellite brewery there like Foster's does in the US.
No pubs around my area stock it unfortunately, though if I hunt around I reckon I may able to grab a six-pack or something.

What other Aussie beers are available over in the states? Foster's is the only one I know of which has international distribution.

EDIT: The Budweiser is imported from the states.

really hard to pin down. It's a strong ale, so it isn't hoppy. I suppose more on the malty side. It's definitely heavy, but drinkable once you get used to itt. What you should do is order two bottles. The first bottle, you may not get through, cast it off as shit and swear it off. Meanwhile, the second bottle will sit in your fridge slowly plotting its attack, letting you sweat it out. You'll then find yourself, maybe a month or two later, pulling the second bottle from the fridge, opening it and figuring "What the hell", and then you'll be converted.

at least that's how it worked for me with most of Stone's releases. Especially their IPA and Ruination...both of which had to grow on me

well if you like hops, you should check out Stone's Ruination. They won't say what the IBU rating is, but I want to say it's at least 90 (which is pretty godddamn hoppy).

Also, Sierra Nevada's Torpedo is a delicious dose of piney hoppiness

We have some Cooper's beers here in the US. I think the sparkling ale and pale ale. I don't recall any others, but I definitely could be mistaken. The Foster's here is all brewed in the US, I believe. There's the lager and then whatever the green can is. They've changed the beer in there (or what they call it). It was a rank English bitter last time I had it.

Since the US is the best international producer of immensely hoppy beers, I wonder what typical exposure is to our excellent IPAs and IIPAs.

We have some Cooper's beers here in the US. I think the sparkling ale and pale ale. I don't recall any others, but I definitely could be mistaken. The Foster's here is all brewed in the US, I believe. There's the lager and then whatever the green can is. They've changed the beer in there (or what they call it). It was a rank English bitter last time I had it.

Since the US is the best international producer of immensely hoppy beers, I wonder what typical exposure is to our excellent IPAs and IIPAs.
Good to see you've got Cooper's.

Foster's is probably more popular in the states than here; a lot of people here drink the lower-quality brews, i.e Victoria Bitter, Carlton Draught, and Toohey's New. I don't know if you've got any of those in the states, but they're pretty terrible.