Beer

drank this tonight, Mikkeller's Big Worse barley wine
1410_633839638539373750.jpg

Pretty good. 12% abv. Very malty, almost no hoppiness at all. No carbonation. It looked like liquid brown sugar. Some of the reviews complained of its undrinkability, but I found it to be rather drinkable for a barleywine.

and speaking of which, shouldn't this year's batch of Sierra Nevada's Bigfoot be coming out soon?

Anyone tried Goose Island Harvest Ale? They have cases of it for dirt cheap since its a little out of code. Just curious if its decent before i pick up a few.

so tonight I had a really tasty beer: Alaskan Amber. I recently picked up Michael Jackson's book on the best beers of the world, and this was in it. While I was at the grocery store today, lo and behold there's a six pack on sale for seven bucks. So I had to get one. It's described as an Alt Bier. Whatever it is, it's very tasty, drinkable and accessible. it's a good everyday beer. A smooth amber ale that leaves you satisfied. Good stuff

I just added Fat Tire Amber Ale to my list of awesome beers. A nice balance between drinkability and flavor right between...

Sam Adams Creams Stout is my "flavor beer" but it's so thick and rich it's like a meal, they say. I agree. Not something to drink all the time.

Newcastle Brown Ale is my favorite "drinkable" beer. You can drink a of lot of them and it goes down smooth but still has a great flavor and not too pissy or watered down like most domestic beers are.

I've been more into stout over the past couple months. Particularly Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout and Snake River Zonker Stout. It's been a long time since I've had it, but Big City Jamaica Stout is also quite good, as I remember.

how about Russian Imperial Stouts?

Tomorrow night at the bar, New Belgium is coming in to debut their newest beer: Ranger IPA, and it's a keep the glass night. I'll report back with full details. Stoked :kickass:

Stouts and porters are my favorite types of beer. Some of my favorites include:

Rasputin Imperial Stout
Lost Coast Oatmeal "8-ball" Stout
Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
Gulden Draak (technically a dark triple ale, but it has the heavy taste of a stout)