Beer

Its good for sure. I havent been able to try any new good beers, the class six isnt selling anything off the wall other than budweiser golden wheat, and i got no interest in that

Had a few different beers tonight for the superbowl

Trader Joe's Hefeweizen (delicious)
Trader Joe's Dunkelweizen (also delicious, not sure which i like better)
Dogfish Head - Raison D'etre (wouldn't buy it again, did not go down well and the hint of green raisins was an instant turnoff)
Fat Weasel Ale - had a nice kick at 7.10 abv and quite an easy drinker

Cant let the beer thread fall to the 2nd page :kickass:
Anyway, currently drinking a John John ale, its a whiskey barrel aged dead guy ale from Rogue. Very tasty, but I think they aged it too long...the whiskey notes nearly dominate the original beer.

Recent hauls:

Allagash White - amazing, best Belgian style Wit beer i've tried

Three Floyds Robert The Bruce - Scottish style ale, pretty good i enjoyed it

Abita Purple Haze - basically a Raspberry wheat beer, decent but could have been better. I think a thicker Raspberry Wheat/Hefeweizen would taste delicious. Does anyone know who makes something like this?

latest two beers of interest:
Traquair House Ale: made in Scotland, this beer was absolutely phenomenal. If you're a fan of Double's, Rochefort 6 and beers of that nature, you need to check this out. I was blown away by it.

Marin county Brewing's Hoppy Holidaze: the last of my christmas ales, this was an interesting brew. It wasn't hoppy at all really. Instead, you tasted cinnamon, nutmeg, caramalts, vanilla and a variety of the other winter-y flavors in the beer.

but if you come across Traquair, get it!

Drinking Victory Old Horizontal barleywine tonight. Big disappointment. Flat hop profile. I'd have been happier getting the Green Flash one for a bit higher cost. I like something less bitter than Bigfoot, but more hoppy than strictly English styles. This was trying to hit that area, but didn't do it for me.

Also drank a Capital Imperial Doppelbock earlier, which was solid, and a DFH Raison d'Etre, which improved with age, but still is near the bottom of the list for that brewer. I like the Indian Brown Ale or their IPAs so much more.

Pretty sure Sam Adams replaced their Spring seasonal White Ale with Noble Pils. The White Ale has been one of my favorite beers for a few years now.
Just picked up a Sam Adams variety pack and Noble Pils is one of the beers in there so ill have to give it a try.

Btw Belligerent, if you want to take a vacation to an awesome place that also has some nice scenery in the area, Portland has a ton of awesome brewerys and is just down the road from the Cascade range, and other pretty mountain stuff. Not quite as good as The Rockies in Colorado, but still good.

I've heard Portland is a cool place to visit. My plans would be to rent a car and go from San Fran all the way up to Portland then eventually Seattle. And yes, ive heard the breweries are phenomenal in Portland and Seattle.

You never visited Portland.

Edit: I am assuming you live around San Diego. That's cool, if I ever get the chance to hit up any concerts there I will see if you are going. I am in Yuma.

yeah. it's pretty shitty...it does have a few positives (you can get pretty much anything here, good hiking, lots to do...), but more negatives.

traffic, smog, pollution, the cost of everything, lots of stupid people, we don't really have seasons...it's just 70 - 100 with the occasional 60 and some rain, horrible place for jobs, no real public transportation (we have it, it's just not very good), freaking massive...did I mention the traffic?