Beer

so the bar I always go to is having their second annual IPA festival this month. Here's the (godly) line up:

1. Russian River Pliny the Younger
2. Russian River Pliny the Elder
3. Shipyard XXXX IPA
4. Shmaltz Bittersweet Lenny’s Rye IPA
5. Avery Maharaja 2009
6. Port 2nd Anniversary
7. Deschutes Hope Henge
8. Sierra Nevada Handful of Hops
9. Speakeasy Double Daddy
10. Avery DuGana IPA
11. Bruery Mischief
12. Port Mongo IPA
13. Firestone Double Jack (2)
14. Alesmith Yulesmith
15. Mission Ship Wrecked
16. Coronado Idiot IPA
17. Anderson Valley Imperial IPA
18. Stone 13th Anniversary
19. Sierra Nevada Hoptinum
20. Moylan’s Hopsickle
21. Green Flash Imperial IPA
22. Flying Dog Double Dog IIPA
23. Abita Double IPA
24. Bottlegger’s Knuckle Sandwich
25. Drake’s Denoginnizer (GABF Silver IIPA)
26. Dogfish Head Aprihop
27. Urthel Hop It!
28. Deschutes Hop Trip
29. Avery Maharaja (2010)
30. New Belgium Ranger IPA
31. Stone Ruination
32. Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA
33. Marin Brass Knuckle
34. Ballast Point Dorado DIPA
35. Ballast Point Sculpin IPA (GABF Silver IPA)
36. Firestone Union Jack (GABF Gold IPA)
37. Eagle Rock Red Velvet
38. Ballast Point Tongue Buckler
39. Lost Continent Oak-Aged Continental IPA
40. Flying Dog Raging Bitch Belgian-style IPA
41. Karl Strauss Big Barrel Double IPA
42. Tustin Double Rye IPA
43. Taps Brewery & Fish House IPA
44. Mikkeller Single Hop (Warrior)
45. Mikkeller Single Hop (Chinook)
47. Russian River Blind Pig (GABF Bronze IPA)
Plus 5+ surprise IPAs and 3+ casks!

*drooool*

Un believable, i'm drunk just looking at it. Had Goose Island's IPA recently thanks to a rec. from Bellig, great brew.

3 Floyd's Drunk Monk is the best brew i've ever had, if any of you are in Indiana at any given point, STOP AND GET ONE.

140525_main.jpg

The ol' ball 'n' chain brought this home from the store for me. I think she maybe trying to kill me to collect the life insurance.
:puke:

Now drinking what I believe is my first local beer - a 22 oz. brown ale from the Legend brewery. And it is fucking fantastic.

Drank one of my micros today, Thirsty Dog Raspberry Ale. Those among you whom enjoy a fine brew with hints of fruit will enjoy thoroughly. The raspberry flavor comes to the forefront but the slight bitterness of the hops quails any over powering sweetness from the berries. Highly recommended!!!!!!!!!!!! :kickass:

Have you ever thought about being a professional beer reviewer?

Good beer is better than bad beer but it's all just beer to me.

No, i am still feasting on the intellectual capacity of the encyclopedic knowledge some of these mangs around here have regarding brews. Bellig's list of conquered inebriation inhibitors is impressive, i saw his wall of high art, comparable to a 7th century drinking hall!!!

26821_621637960687_30600585_35791252_678060_n.jpg

Me at the Oakquinox fest at the Stone Brewery on Sunday. Over 100 beers. here are the ones I had:

Montegioco Dolii Raptor - Belgian Pale Ale 8.5%ABV. Pretty good. I bit sour-y, but otherwise not bad. At this station, one buddy had a Grand Teton Howling Wolf Weizenbock which was delicious and very drinkable.

Kern River Twisted Monkey Belgian Triple (Aged in Pinot Noir Barrels) - no idea what the ABV was on this one. Pretty good for a Triple, but I wasn't overly impressed. I was hoping the wine barrel taste would shine through more

Valley 2009 Cuvee de Evil (Brandy Barrel Belgian Strong Golden with Pomegranate Honey) - 10.5%abv I had high hopes for this one, but was rather let down by it. Nothing spectacular. No real interesting flavors.

Allagash Curieux (Bourbon Barrel aged Triple) - 11%abv This one was pretty good. Slightly better and more complex than your average Triple but not as yeasty as some tend to be

Avery Moloch - 13%abv Good lord. This one was a sipper. Reminded me of a maltier barleywine. It was good but definitely not to be had in the middle of other strong beers.

Dogfish Head Burton Baton - 10%abv IIPA It was great. I loved it. Personally, I think this is better than their 90 Minute IPA but whatever. Dogfish Head can really do no wrong in my book

North Coast Old Rasputin XII (Bourbon Barrel Aged) - 11.20%abv Goddamn. I always knew this one was the king of Russian Imperial Stouts. So freaking good and delicious and thick and creamy and delicious and coffee-y. Loved it

after this, my two friends and I went and had pizza at Killer Pizza From Mars and then drove home. I was incredibly full and my stomach was so angry at me for all the beer and pizza I had. Took some mylanta and started to feel better. Felt fine the next day. But after that third beer, my friends and I were already pretty messed up. Wooo fun times.

Sunday we're going to our favorite bar's IPA Fest (list posted earlier). It's already a couple days in, so I'm hoping they still have some Pliny the Younger or else I'll be pissed

Wow, a few of those i really want to try, especially the Allagash.
I wish there was an IPA fest out this way, i might be going to 3 Floyds Dark Lord day tomorrow if it doesn't rain all day.

Perfect balance of sweetness and bitterness, probably the best IIPA i've tried to date. I think Stone is only being sold in Chicago for a limited time so i better stock up.

Had a couple of phenomenal brews tonight:

Stone Ruination IPA
Tripel Karmeliet (Belgian)
:headbang::kickass::headbang:

Had the mom and pop store i frequent look into the Tripel Karmeliet for me.

paulaner-weissbier.jpg

Wonderful hefeweizen, lots of banana flavor with the perfect amount of bitterness to balance out. Very comparable to 3 Floyd's Drunk Monk, should you see this at your local brew gathering point, pick one up.

Also:
3422916542_bca468df73.jpg

Another outstanding hefe, creamy and bananay with mild bitterness, amazing to the sense of smell. Well worth buying, seriously pick one of these up.

Weihenstephaner-Hefeweissbier-Dunkel.JPG

Just look at the rich color of the brew, you're going to enjoy this Hefe. Bananas in the forefront leveled out with the added hoppiness. Not as good as the Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier, but worthy of your attention.

260px-franziskaner_weisse_169_ozglass.jpg

Very solid Hefeweizen, banana aromatics and taste, mild hoppiness, superb all the way down.

Franziskaner is a classic, and I've been meaning to try Weihenstephener for a while. Gonna do it when I get home

Weihenstephaner are superb, you're going to love the brew. Haven't had any of their non-hefes, though i'm sure they are quality aslo. :kickass: Stay thirsty my friend.