Beer

Drinking a Harviestoun "Old English Oil" black ale right now. Pretty damn tasty and only 6%. True to its name, it has a very rich, dark, chocolaty taste with a very thick body, but goes down surprisingly smooth contrary to what it seems like it'd taste like. Recommended.

Drinking a Harviestoun "Old English Oil" black ale right now. Pretty damn tasty and only 6%. True to its name, it has a very rich, dark, chocolaty taste with a very thick body, but goes down surprisingly smooth contrary to what it seems like it'd taste like. Recommended.

If you enjoy the brews of which the shining light of heaven could not penetrate, you most likely will enjoy any and all porters. To me, they have a strong chocolate/coffee flavor, aromatically and taste wise. The Sam Adam's Holiday Porter and 3 Floyd's Topless Wytch are stellar.

Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter is my favorite porter. ridiculously drinkable.

I need to know your opinions. Should I buy this: http://www.brewdog.com/product.php?id=47

Sink the Bismarck is 41%abv and 80pounds, or I could get that AND Tactical Nuclear Penguin (which is at 31%abv) for 70pounds which is roughly $140. Should I buy the two strongest beers in the world for $140?

because they're limited batches.

but I could buy a bottle of scotch which has the same amount of abv AND a few bottles of good imperial stouts for half of what they want for the two

Quite liking this lately:

Hop_Rocker.jpg

Love the ringpull as well.

This german beer I had called Z1 Welde I think it was had it, but it was a cheap shitty top that ripped every time...not a bad brew tho

If you enjoy the brews of which the shining light of heaven could not penetrate, you most likely will enjoy any and all porters. To me, they have a strong chocolate/coffee flavor, aromatically and taste wise. The Sam Adam's Holiday Porter and 3 Floyd's Topless Wytch are stellar.

Yeah, porters, stouts and a few IPAs rule for me.

went out to the bar last night and had the following:

Lucifer_Beer.jpg

Lucifer. Belgian pale ale 8% abv. Pretty drinkable. The one I had didn't have nearly as big of a head as the one in the picture. The most infamous beer in this style is Duvel, and I'd say Duvel is better than this. But Lucifer's still decent.

Also had Bootlegger's Knuckle Sandwich. Double IPA 10%abv. Loved it. The smell of hops in this made me drool. Very drinkable. Had a nice malty balance. A bit too carbonated in my opinion, but nothing big. Very nice and would definitely get again. They're also a fairly local brewery, so I was glad to see somebody making good stuff

Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Coffee Stout is the best beer I have ever had. It was my first perfect score on Beer Advocate, and it's rated #3 in the world right now.

Goose Island is phenomenal. I haven't tried the coffee stout, but I enjoy their oatmeal stout, brown ale, IPA and Honker's Ale. I also really want to try their Night Stalker. I'm moving to Chicago in August, so I'm planning on drinking lots of Goose Island.

Picked up a six of Otter Creek's Stovepipe Porter last week. Very pleasant, relaxing dark beer.

It's funny. I was looking at the Beer Advocate top beers and noticed it all really comes down to regionalism. The midwest has porters and stouts (except for North Coast Brewing, I guess) and the West coast has the IPAs. Makes things difficult because I want to try some of that Three Floyds beer and Goose Island, but they're impossible to find out here.

On a side note, I had Karl Strauss's 21st Anniversary Ale brewed with Zinfandel grapes. Pretty interesting. It was a Belgian strong dark ale. You could definitely smell the grapes, but as far as the flavor went, they only added a little bit of sweetness to mellow out the Belgian yeastiness

Goose Island is phenomenal. I haven't tried the coffee stout, but I enjoy their oatmeal stout, brown ale, IPA and Honker's Ale. I also really want to try their Night Stalker. I'm moving to Chicago in August, so I'm planning on drinking lots of Goose Island.

Picked up a six of Otter Creek's Stovepipe Porter last week. Very pleasant, relaxing dark beer.

I plan on popping a night stalker this weekend, can't wait.

As to the Weihenstephaner talk, their korbinian doppelbock is one of the finest of the style; comparable to celebrator imo.

Young's Double Chocolate Stout was my drink of choice tonight...had a couple. Really good, not much carbonation, but very chocolate-y, obviously. Love it. Creamy and delicious.

Sierra+Nevada+30+Stout+Label.jpg

Imperial stout. A little over 9% abv. Very delicious and mellow for an imperial stout. I give Sierra Nevada credit for making this since they're typically more known for their hop monsters. Really good and drinkable.

05malheur12_25.jpg

Malheur 12. A Belgian Quadrupel at 12% abv. I've never met a Belgian I haven't liked, and this one was freaking great. The high alcohol content is masked by the yeasty, spicey quality typical of Belgian beers. It's like a more mellow, more well rounded Maredsous. Absolutely delicious and probably dangerous.

And right now I'm drinking my 2008 Stone Old Guardian Barleywine. It's nice. The hops and malts have really mellowed out and blended well. good stuff