Beer

yeah it was really good. Not nearly as uh imposing as Stone's Russian Imperial or Old Rasputin. If you can find it, I definitely recommend grabbing it

Interesting. I usually buy imperial stouts because of their "imposing" quality (they are imperial, after all), and judge them by it. I'd like to taste a weaker imperial stout.

The Sierra Nevada 30 is by no means a "weak" stout. Do not confuse "weak" with drinkability (like some macro lagers do *ahem*). I've had a number of 10%+ abv beers that were more drinkable than 5%abv beers

I meant "weak" in relation to the usual strength of imperial stouts. You said that it wasn't as imposing as most, which led me to believe that it wasn't as strong. I didn't mean weak as in bad; just weaker than the norm.

yeah that was a pretty big deal in the Stone world. They're also planning on opening a brewery in Europe as well. I'm sure I could find Three Floyds out here if I looked hard enough

that and Pilsner Urquell are the most popular Czech imports to America...haven't tried much from Czech Republic because I've mostly found they make lagers which aren't my favorite (I'll drink 'em, but I'd rather have an IPA or Belgian)

Czechvar is the same as Budvar, just relabeled for some international markets.

I see.

EDIT: Budvar is a weird brew economically, as they have bottles in almost every store in czech, yet I don't know a single pub in Prague w/ their beer. Like, there are hundreds Pilsner Urquell pubs in Prague (like, two on every corner), yet none with Budvar. They propably just build their economy on putting all the shit into bottles for export. Hopefully they atleast have the quality stable all over the world, because whenever I was drinking PU aboard, it was much worse than here, and that was just Croatia, Germany, Greece and alike. So I really can't imagine what the quality is like in US.

Hopefully they atleast have the quality stable all over the world, because whenever I was drinking PU aboard, it was much worse than here, and that was just Croatia, Germany, Greece and alike. So I really can't imagine what the quality is like in US.

I've never been impressed by a PU here so I wonder about the quality difference as well.

realizing I know dick about German, Polish and Czech beers, I made a Bevmo run and picked up 8 bottles of differing Krauts, Polocks, and...Onders :erk:

Got the summer 12 pack of Leinenkugel's, got the honey weiss which I liked but 3 more, including a lemonade-beer. Hopefully tasty.