Beer

yeah that Paulaner Hefe just blew us all out of the water, and the chocolate chipotle stout was fucking delicious. unbelievable.

the first time I had Stone Ruination, I couldn't finish the bomber. It's pretty serious stuff. and technically Ruination is a double/IIPA, so if you can handle it, you can handle any IPA haha

went to Lone Hill Liquors today in Claremont, CA (Pessimism, pay attention) which is rated as the best beer store in California. I had been there before. They had a bottle of my favorite beer of all time, Stone's Vertical Epic 08.08.08 but they only had one bottle. I still bought it, but I wish I could've gotten 5 of them. Also snagged Pliny the Elder, and two I've never tried: Russian River's Blind Pig and Aventinus Eisbock (which I'm excited to try)

Just picked up a case of Dead Guy Ale Rogue, hopefully going to be tasty. Haven't had any new selections in awhile here

nice! anything by Rogue is worth checking out. Their Double Dead Guy ale is pretty intense stuff.

haven't tried anything super exciting lately. had a Baltika 9 lager the other day that wasn't bad. Been nursing some Celebrator Doppelbocks and Deschutes organic Green Lakes amber ale. Both are pretty good

nice! anything by Rogue is worth checking out. Their Double Dead Guy ale is pretty intense stuff.

haven't tried anything super exciting lately. had a Baltika 9 lager the other day that wasn't bad. Been nursing some Celebrator Doppelbocks and Deschutes organic Green Lakes amber ale. Both are pretty good

it's a tasty brew indeed! doubt ill see any other styles here, but will hopefully see it in Colorado

Had the weirdest beer ever recently. It was from a New Belgium series called Lips of Faith. It was Dark Kriek, which is, "Much darker than a traditional kriek with a dash of sour cherry up front".

Yuk. It was sour. It tasted more like wine.

Also tried the Biere de Mars which says it is "brewed with spices". It was pretty good. I still have a La Folie (Sour Brown) to try at some point... and I am a little bit scared of it.

They were at the used grocery store and cheap, so that is why I tried them.

Just finished off a four pack of Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout yesterday. Great brewery, every beer I've tried is delicious.

definitely. Their Taddy Porter and Oatmeal Stout are fucking delicious.

I don't like sour beers (wilds, sours, farmhouse, krieks...). One of my friends is a sour fiend. Gueze is okay if it's done well

Drinking The Bruery's Trade Winds belgian style tripel brewed with rice and thai basil. Pretty good. HUGE Duvel-esque foam head. Basil and rice aren't noticeable, though the rice gives it a slight lager graininess, but still really good

Bruery+Trade+Winds+Tripel.jpg

(not my picture)