Beer

12%....holy hell.

Yeah, but it doesn't taste as strong as you'd think, imo. The strongest beer I've ever had was 21% from a past vintage of Dogfish head world wide stout (usually averages ~18% nowadays).
On a side note, I just home-brewed my first ever all-grain batch: an oatmeal stout. Now I gotta think of a good metal name for it.

Yeah, but it doesn't taste as strong as you'd think, imo. The strongest beer I've ever had was 21% from a past vintage of Dogfish head world wide stout (usually averages ~18% nowadays).
On a side note, I just home-brewed my first ever all-grain batch: an oatmeal stout. Now I gotta think of a good metal name for it.

Scarecrow Stout. Scarecrows can be kinda creepy. And they watch over grain...

Strongest I have had was also 21%, and was also from Dogfish head, but it was the 120 minute IPA. That's an odd beer. Very sweet.

Thinking about heading to the Beer Sellar around 6ish and getting a pitcher of Sun King Osiris Pale Ale. I like this beer and im usually not crazy about pale ales but this is pretty good and for 9 bucks a pitcher its a steal!

Went to the bar last night and had three Shipyard Pumpkinheads (with sugar, to piss off the bartenders). One of the tastiest beers I've ever had.

Picked up a bottle of this:

NightStalker.jpg

On the way to Croatia we stopped in Bosnia and Herzegovina. If you ever go there, do NOT try Sarajevsko beer.
A couple hours later I drank Ozujsko, that's a Croatian beer and it's pretty good.

I'm extremely jealous. I've never tried anything by Goose Island because we don't get it out here in Cali (that I know of), and I see nothing but rave reviews about their beers :mad:

I'm extremely jealous. I've never tried anything by Goose Island because we don't get it out here in Cali (that I know of), and I see nothing but rave reviews about their beers :mad:

Every one I've tried has been at least very good. Their Honker's Ale and Brown Ale are both excellent. I haven't actually tried the imperial stout yet; I'm saving it for tonight, but I'll post my thoughts. I'm actually excited about it.

I also expect to try more since I'll be living in Chicago very soon. If we ever meet up somewhere I'll have to remember to bring you some. :cool:

I decided to take direct action and ordered the following from West Lakeview Liquors online:

25435.jpg

Three Floyds Moloko Milk Stout
night+stalker.jpg

Goose Island Nightstalker (as mentioned earlier)
gooseislandbourboncountystout.jpg

Goose Island Bourbon County Stout 2009

I'm excited.

Hoppier beers are definitely better for the warm weather (dark beer in the heat can just be too much on the stomach).

Rasputin and London Porter are both fantastic.

I'm a huge hophead, but during the Fall and Winter months, stouts and porters are just delicious, so I'm really looking forward to these

Had some of these last Sunday, as the crazy weather turn cold at night (the day was hot as hell):

baden-baden-bock-1a.jpg

It's one of our best brands, small production, very tasty beer. In this case, a pretty good Bock version. :kickass: