Beer

I really need to get some decent beer... last I've had was a few cans of Coors light I swiped from the woman's parent's fridge. bleh.

You guys should talk more about international beer, US beer while awsome is quite hard to find around here and I feel left out. ;)

Anyone tried Belgian beers like Gulden Draak or Tripel Karmeliet?

Those are certainly great brews. They are a bit cost-prohibitive here, but some American brewers use this to their advantage, figuring people will assume good beer should cost no less than beers like those do. I get when small-volume brewers need to charge a lot for premium beers, but I'm sure in actuality that many Belgian breweries are not that big and a big chunk of their sales are in export. I feel somewhat bad for the Euro guys who don't get our beers, but I'm not positive that there is one craft brewery that can meet demand for all 50 states, let alone international. Boston Beer Company (Sam Adams) and Sierra Nevada are the only ones I can imagine even being able to reach all states and then international markets. Still, some brewers don't worry about distributing to all states and do go for international sales. I don't think the American emphasis on hoppy beers plays as well overseas as age-friendly Belgian beers play here.

I do have a soft spot for Tripel Karmeliet though. If St. Bernardus Tripel were as easy to find, I'd have that one more often.

A favorite of mine at a reasonable price has always been Spaten Optimator. Not as good as Celebrator, but a lot more affordable. And it's boozy. Deliciously boozy.

Yeah the reversed is kinda true here, you can't find alot of US beers in our monopolic alchohol shop but there are some pubs that serve them, the problem is that for example a 33cl bottle of Oaked Arrogant Bastard costs around $20 which is quite expensive. One or two a night for luxory but after that you usually get cheaper beer. The bright side is that there are some quite good micro breweries in Sweden that has great selection and comes with new brews all the time. The boring thing is that none of you have tried them so it doesn't make for much discussion. :p

Boags_Draught_Large.jpg

Having a few of Tasmania's finest atm,pretty much the only beer I drink,I'd definately recommend it to you guys if you can find it.:D

Belgian beers are some of my favorites, especially dubbels and tripels. mmmm.

Sweden has a ton of microbreweries, you say, Vilden? Well shit son tell us about the glory and what to scour the internet for!

Awesome mate but that surpsies me,I thought you'd be into Emu Export...there's something really refreshing about Boags especially,the Premium is superb.Boags St.George is also very nice if you're after something a bit special :)

went to the awesomely rare beer store today so my brother could show me some mead. I went and bought a pumpkinhead ale, strongbrough english cider and one more brewski. So many options no idea what to choose

Sweden has a ton of microbreweries, you say, Vilden? Well shit son tell us about the glory and what to scour the internet for!
A ton is abit of an overstatement but there are a bunch that I like alot. 'Nils Oscar', 'Nynäshamns Ångbryggeri' and 'Slottskällan' are my favorites. There are alot more like 'Närke Kulturbryggeri', 'Jämtlands Bryggeri', 'Sigtuna Brygghus', etc.

Some good ones to track down for starters are:

Nils Oscar Rökporter
Nils Oscar Imperial Stout
Nils Oscar God Lager
Nils Oscar Coffee Stout
Bedarö Bitter (Nynäshamn)
Indianviken Pale Ale (Nynäshamn)
Bötet Barley Wine (Nynäshamn)
Slottskällan Imperial Stout
Slottskällan Slottslager

And one I've wanted to try for awhile but haven't got the chance to: 'Stormaktsporter' and 'Kaggen! Stormaktsporter' from Närkes Kulturbryggeri.

nice!

I've recently decided to officially become a beer cellaring type of person. which is going to be hard. but I'll give it a shot. I'll post pics of what I have in the reserves later.

I'm also having a beer tasting party with several of my friends next Saturday. That should be fun. I'm busting out some good ones (2008 Double Arrogant Bastard, Affligem Noel, St Bernardus Christmas, The Bruery 3 French Hens...). Pics of that also will be posted

^Bomb bro.

Got two big bottles waiting for me in the fridge; Delirium Nocturnum and Left Hand Winter Ale. It'll be a fun weekend. :cool:

Bellig's beer wall is impressive, his whole fucking garage is cool tbh. :worship:

Let me know how that Left Hand Winter Ale is, the Left Hand Milk Stout is one of the greatest brews i've ever had, so this Winter Ale should be quite delicious.

they're pretty damn good! made with powdered milk or just lactose, they have a creamier taste. really smooth, tasty drinking. Three Floyds Moloko milk stout is pretty good