Beer

I decided to take direct action and ordered the following from West Lakeview Liquors online:

25435.jpg

Three Floyds Moloko Milk Stout
night+stalker.jpg

Goose Island Nightstalker (as mentioned earlier)
gooseislandbourboncountystout.jpg

Goose Island Bourbon County Stout 2009

I'm excited.

Haven't tried the goose island variety but Kentucky Bourbon Stout is wonderful.

gaaah I love Rogue...not wild about the American Ale though. Everything else is golden

Picked up a six pack of Sierra Nevada's Fall Seasonal, Tumbler. Supposed to be a tasty brown ale. Can't wait to try it

Speaking of fall brews here are two excellent selections:
southern%20tier%20pumking.jpg

Southern Tier Pum-King, smells just like a pumpkin pie and tastes fairly similar as well! It's a 9% so it kicks without you noticing.

lhmilkstout.png

Left Hand Milk Stout, so dark that no light will ever penetrate. Fairly coffeeish in scent and taste, smooth and enjoyable. Perfect for the changing seasons.

MY GOOSE ISLAND NIGHTSTALKER AND BOURBON COUNTY STOUTS CAME TODAY

*commence drooling and impatience*

I want to age them, but I want to taste them now. Bah.

also, I don't really care for Pumpkin beers...though I don't care much for Pumpkin to begin with. But yes. Hurrah for Fall/Winter stouts, porters and dark ales. Christmas beers are some of my favorites (YuleSmith, Scaldis Noel...)

I stole one of my bros Sam Adams Blackberry Witbier he had randomly in the basement. I'm clearly a totaly neophyte when it comes to beer so don't be hatin because I didn't enjoy it.

What would you guys recommend for a person who enjoys darker beers like Guinness?

anything stout or porter

Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter is fucking excellent, as is their Oatmeal Stout. You may want to stay away from Imperial Stouts for now because they might be a bit strong. Chocolate Stouts are great. Rogue and Young's both make widely available (chocolate) stouts. If you get Deschutes or Sierra Nevada out where you are, both breweries have very tasty stouts and porters that are fairly well available.

No, but we get Goose Island. I'm also a big fan of Fat Tire.

Unknown hit it spot on, stouts and porters brah. One of the best porters i've had is Breckenridge Vanilla Porter. All of the darkness contained within a black hole mixed with creamy vanilla flavored coffee deliciousness!

widget_cRoBvoHK5eG49QXtyET0Ds.jpg

Really though, I think it'd be fairly hard to find a bad porter. You can scan through the top porters and stouts over at beeradvocate too. It's a fountain of wealthy knowledge my friend.

Skies, those both look awesome!!
They both really are great brews! I'm heading back to that bar this weekend with my father to get some lunch. They've got 40 beers on tap! When i entered the place, i was grinning like a virgin school girl on prom night.

so Stone is taking over the bar my buddies and I always go to, Naja's Place. It's the only beer bar on the west coast selected for their Total Tap Tower Takeover Tour thing. point being: 40 TAPS OF STONE BEER *instant boner*

http://www.stonebrew.com/stoneweek/

the video is hilarious. tap list (not complete I'm guessing):
# Stone Smoked Porter with Chipotle Peppers
# Stone Smoked Porter with Vanilla Beans
# Double Dry Hopped Stone IPA
# Double Dry Hopped Stone Ruination IPA
# 2003 Double Bastard Ale
# 2005 Double Bastard Ale
# 2006 Double Bastard Ale
# 2006 Double Bastard Ale Aged in Brandy Barrels
# 2006 Double Bastard Ale Aged with French Oak
# 2008 Double Bastard Ale
# 2009 Double Bastard Ale
# Stone 04.04.04 Vertical Epic Ale
# Stone 05.05.05 Vertical Epic Ale
# Stone 06.06.06 Vertical Epic Ale
# Stone 07.07.07 Vertical Epic Ale
# Stone 07.07.07 Vertical Epic Ale Aged in Red wine Barrels
# Stone 08.08.08 Vertical Epic Ale
# Stone 09.09.09 Vertical Epic Ale
# Stone 9th Anniversary Ale
# Stone 12th Anniversary Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout
# Stone 12th Anniversary Bitter Chocolate
# Oatmeal Stout Aged in Bourbon Barrels
# Stone 13th Anniversary Ale
# Stone 14th Anniversary Emperial IPA
# Double Dry Hopped Stone 14th
# Anniversary Emperial IPA
# 2004 Stone Imperial Russian Stout
# 2005 Stone Imperial Russian Stout
# 2008 Stone Imperial Russian Stout Aged in Bourbon barrels
# 2010 Stone Imperial Russian BELGO Stout
# Stone Imperial Russian Stout GK's Mad Man Mix
# Stone Imperial Russian Stout 10th Anniversary Special Blend
# 2004 Stone Old Guardian Barley Wine
# 2005 Stone Old Guardian Barley Wine Aged in Bourbon Barrels
# 2006 Stone Old Guardian Barley Wine Aged in Bourbon Barrels
# 2007 Stone Old Guardian Barley Wine
# 2008 Stone Old Guardian Barley Wine Aged in Wine Barrels
# 2009 Stone Old Guardian Barley Wine
# 2010 Stone Old Guardian BELGO Barley Wine
# 21st Amendment / Firestone Walker / Stone
# El Camino (Un)Real Black Ale
# Dogfish Head / Victory / Stone Saison du BUFF
# Ballast Point / Kelsey McNair / Stone
# San Diego County Session Ale

What would you guys recommend for a person who enjoys darker beers like Guinness?

anything stout or porter

Yeah, basically. Lost Coast Brewery makes a good oatmeal stout. The Rasputin Imperial Stout is fantastic. And as Unknown said, Samuel Smith is just great all around. Also, if you can find it, I'd suggest you try Gulden Draak.

The Nightstalker Imperial Stout is only slightly hoppy. I didn't let mine age (it was already aged about six months when I bought it) and it was possibly the richest stout I've ever had. Delicious.