Beer

ive tried a couple new beers recently.

sierra nevada celebration ale: meh, its ok. probably better with food
bristol brewing beehive honey wheat: awesome
sierra nevada wheat: good

i dunno what ill try next
~gR~

why? americans can brew decent beer. just dont expect them to be sold in supermarkets. local microbrews kick ass

although, the king ludwig dunkel i had in germany is by far the best beer ive ever tasted.
~gR~

Everything by Ommegang is great. It's one of my favorite breweries.

I especially like Hennepin, Rare Vos, and Ommegang Abbey Ale. They are very affordable compared to the Belgians they emulate, and they are not too much of a decrease in quality at all.

You like your Aussie beers I see. James Squire's Golden Ale is currently my favorite mid-price beer. James Boags was my fave a couple of years back until the company changed hands and the quality dropped significantly. I've gone right off the Coopers Sparkling as well, the flavour is too heavy. Pale Ale all the way for me.

Some other good Aussie beers:
Mountain Goat
3 Ravens

Well, our beers are made for our environment, and they are world class. Plus, day to day drinking, you can't really justify much that's imported ... if anything.

A lot of foreign beers are made to be served slightly less cool ("room temperature" in Europe is a lot different to it is in Aus). Plus I figured it best recommending something from Aus that people likely haven't tried.

I'll try the ones you mentioned, but I have to say, Coopers Pale Ale is the most overrated drink in Aus. No idea why everyone fellates that shit. :lol:

You can get some Australian brews at Outback, which is pretty much the only Australian thing about the place (that and it says "blokes" and "sheilas" on the bathroom doors instead of "men" and "women", but that's as far as it goes). I don't go there too often, but the last time I was there I for some Tooheys New, which is pretty light and, I'd imagine, very far from the best Australia has to offer. I liked it, but generally I would prefer something heavier.

They have Coopers Ale and James Boags. There was at least one other type of ale, at least. I suppose I'll try one of those the next time I'm there. (Which hopefully will be fairly soon because that place fucking rocks, as I've mentioned numerous times.)

Everything by Ommegang is great. It's one of my favorite breweries.

I especially like Hennepin, Rare Vos, and Ommegang Abbey Ale. They are very affordable compared to the Belgians they emulate, and they are not too much of a decrease in quality at all.

Yep. Not to mention, the annual Ommegang Belgian Beer Festival every summer is downright fantastic. Last year's took the cake.

probably already brought up, but who brews their own beer? whats the best kit?

seems like an interesting idea
~gR~