Beer

Going to Goose Island's 25th anniversary block party this Sunday. The day before I'm heading up to a friend's house with my ladyfriend for a small beer gathering, bringing Allagash Curieux, Alesmith BA Wee Heavy, and Anchorage Love Buzz Saison. Pretty stoked, since I get to try my first Russian River sour (Sanctification). Also, the taplist for the GI event is pretty nuts, especially for only $25:

312 Urban Wheat Ale
Honkers Ale
IPA
Matilda
Green Line
Summertime
25th Anniversary Ale
Sofie
Dark Traveler
Gran Gas
Golden Goddess
25th Anniversary Ale
Bourbon County Stout Buffalo Trace
Bourbon County Stout Tempelton
Bourbon County Stout Speyside
Bourbon County Stout Coffee Brazil
Bourbon County Stout Coffee Columbia
Bourbon County Stout Coffee Kenya
Sofie Paradisi
Bourbon County Stout Napa
Boring
Sour Pere Jacques
Scully
Dominique
Bourbon County Stout Rare

After that, my group of friends will probably be hammered on Bourbon County variants and stumble over to Kuma's to eat burgers and drink more good beer. Can't wait.

holy shit that's amazing. Let me know how the BA Wee Heavy is. I recently landed a bottle of that, BA Numbskull and their BA Grand Cru. Also, Sanctification is by far my favorite Russian River sour with Consecration in a close second. Sanctification is just such a dry, tasty beer. I love it.

I'm having a Celebrator Doppelbock, for the first time in a while. I used to have five of those goat ornaments:
003.JPG

I don't know what happened to them; now I must start anew.

Used to get Celebrator every so often - made some xmas tree garland with the goats.
Scored a case of local oatmeal stout for $15, along with some other goodies.

that sounds fucking delicious

just came back from Texas with some goodies:

Jester King Censored Pecan wood smoked saison
Jester King Das Wunderkind sour saison
Jester King Das Uberkind organic vielle saison
two bottles of Founders Double Trouble

also had some Lone Star Pine Belt Pale Ale. One of my favorite APAs and I can only get it in Texas. I would totally drink that everyday

Rampant is pretty tasty.

Here's a pic of my haul from the other day. Super stoked about being able to snag five Avery Uncle Jacob's Stout...one of my favorite bourbon barrel imperial stouts

KLxKPQo.jpg

so the stone w00tstout was okay. Didn't have enough bourbon or pecan in it for my liking. That being said, for a 13%abv beer, it drinks damn smooth. Little to no alcohol burn.

I heard a rumor that Southern Maryland, notably St. Mary's County, is one of the few places that you can buy 10 oz cans of Budweiser, Coors, ect. Is there any truth to this? Personally, I prefer the 10 oz cans.