Beer

Brasserie De Brunehaut - http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/3461/92309/

I'd say the rating is about right. At 13% abv it's a touch stronger than most quads and it shows in the sweetness. Much stronger on the molasses aroma/taste than other quads as well. I'd say the only exceptional thing about the beer is the smell. It's too sweet, way too expensive, and the mouthfeel is pretty bad - little to no carbonation whatsoever. It was 21 bucks for a bomber, won't be getting it again.

I did get this from my aunt for Christmas though :)

10884905_10153461943239251_204116706_n_zps0365f4a1.jpg

This is what I got my cousin for Christmas:

image_zps83e8ac84.jpg

I haven't had any Green Flash yet, he reported back to me that it was pretty damn good. Of the beers I got him I've had the Aventinus, Samichlaus, Celebrator, and Sculpin. Only the Samichlaus I don't really care for, and it's been probably six or seven years since I've had it, so maybe my opinion could change.

Pipeworks is a pretty interesting brewery. I really wish we could get their stuff out here. I had one of the Abduction beers and found it unique.

Went to San Diego the other day with a couple friends. Went to Alesmith to pick up my bottles of Bourbon Barrel Aged Vietnamese Coffee Speedway Stout (hell of a name..BAVSS). It's so fucking good. I had it on tap at the Firestone Invitational, and it was by far my favorite. Also hit up Ballast Point where they had 10 variations of Victory at Sea on tap. We had six or seven of them. The Rum BA aged version was my favorite. Last, of course, was Modern Times. They and Firestone Walker were in my fridge more this year than any other brewery. Absolutely fantastic.

It was a good day.

Here's what's in the fridge for tonight

Pliny
Noble Aleworks Mosaic Showers
Fifty/Fifty Eclipse Elijah Craig
Beachwood Tovarish
Midnight Sun Arctic Devil
Sierra Nevada Ovila Quad

looking forward to staying in with friends

Good stuff in my fridge tonight. Went with some old stand bys:

Weihenstephaner Vitus
Hacker-Pschorr Weisse
Stone IPA
Ritual Extra Red
Craft Brewing Co. Warlock IPA

And new stuff to try:
Boatswain Double IPA
Hangar 24 Local Fields Warmer

Weihenstephaner Vitus
Hacker-Pschorr Weisse
Stone IPA
Ritual Extra Red

And new stuff to try:
Boatswain Double IPA
That Stone IPA is one of my least favorite IPAs. Not as bad as Flying Dog's Snake Dog IPA, but not very good, either.

So I brewed my first batch of beer yesterday. I ended up making a blonde because I wanted to make something simple for the first time. At first everything went great, but the boil really went south. I was waiting for the "hot break" for almost 20 min after the wort started boiling, but it never came so I ended up adding hops anyway and then waited an hour. The instructions mentioned I'd lose about 20% of the inital volume, but I lost like 70%...mind you I did the smallest boil possible. I avoided any violent boil per the instructions of many forum posts.

Anyway my dumbass didn't turn it off until the hour passed and poured into my fermentation jug. Now I was supposed to have about 1 gallon of it, but I ended up having like 1/3 of a gallon, so I filled the rest up with water (!!!). To top it off, the wort was dark brown, and this is supposed to be a blonde. Even with all that water I added, it's still caramel brown. I'm expecting this beer to taste like asswater.

Anyone had experience with this before? Why did I lose so much volume in the boil, and why is it so fucking dark?!

Weihenstephaner Vitus
Hacker-Pschorr Weisse
Stone IPA
Ritual Extra Red

And new stuff to try:
Boatswain Double IPA

Damn, i had missed this post.

The first three beers you mentioned are all tits. Two of the best traditional hefes + one of the best IPA's :kickass:

Haven't tried the rest of the stuff you mentioned. The Extra Red sounds interesting.