Beer

I'll rarely get cravings for beer, definitely not a connoisseur. I do like making beer battered things, such as onion rings! XD

Had some Duvels in the Netherlands the other day

IMG_20181005_134926.jpg

Here's pretty tasty local beer, Pinkus Special.
IMG_20181007_202259 (1).jpg

There's small--like, very small--chance you could find this one in the US. It's a very light colored Alt, maybe comparable to the beer above, and doesn't taste like any Alts I've had before. I wouldn't say it's worth the 5 bucks I paid for it, though the experience of having them for less than a euro probably plays more into that than the beer itself. I bought it almost more out of surprise when I saw it in my favorite hometown liquor store.
IMG-20180717-WA0001.jpeg

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Winners o Novo Mango IPA. I love mango and this hits the spot perfectly. Just the balance of sweet, but not too sweet, and bitterness.

novo-brazil-the-mango-ipa-beer-california-usa-10934316.jpg

Montezuma's Amber Ale: Great mix of smoke and toffee. Could drink this all day.
beer-1557548_c734a_hd.jpeg

Samuel Smith- Oatmeal Stout. God, such a great mix of chocolate and dried fruit flavors. Why did I wait so long to try this?

samuel-smith-oatmeal-stout3216x3592jpg-c22f38b6a673104e.jpg

.... one of my favorite oatmeal stouts. :kickass:

Hit up the Gastropub in Old Town on Saturday. Had a Modern Times Coffee Stout(one of my buddies favorites), followed by these two top notch Imperials ...

Old Rasputin(<3) on nitro...
mbZqpq9.jpg

...photobombed by one of my friends.

Kern River Class V Stout
ee8EQ8x.jpg

First time trying this one and i really liked it, so rich and flavorful.

Every beer ive had on tap here has been on point(not watered down and you can tell they take care of their taplines). Will definitely be going back here soon.

Reactions: dwellerINTHEdark
Here's a nice bunch of mostly wintery beers to pick up after the weekend. There's some barleywines, some german traditional weiss, some stouts. Some of those are barrel aged hmmm.

1 ANCHOR Old Foghorn, ANCHOR - 355 ml 96 Kč 96 Kč
1 DUPONT Saison Dry Hopping, DUPONT - 375 ml 69 Kč 69 Kč
1 EMELISSE Barrel Finished No.1 Imperial Russian Stout, EMELISSE - 330 ml 99 Kč 99 Kč
1 EMELISSE White Label Barley Wine BA Bourbon Blend, EMELISSE - 330 ml 109 Kč 109 Kč
1 EMELISSE White Label Dark ALE Tres Hombres BA Rum, EMELISSE - 335 ml 113 Kč 113 Kč
1 Jacob Hefe Weisse Winter, Jacob - 500 ml 32 Kč 32 Kč
1 Jacob Weissbier, Jacob - 500 ml 32 Kč 32 Kč
1 Jacob Weissbier Dunkles, Jacob - 500 ml 32 Kč 32 Kč
1 KEES American Barley Wine, KEES - 330 ml 94 Kč 94 Kč
1 KEES Barrel Project 18.05, KEES - 330 ml 111 Kč 111 Kč
1 MIKKELLER San Diego Breakfast Stout (plechovka), MIKKELLER - 355 ml 159 Kč 159 Kč

Been MIA for the last month and am still rather occupied, but here are a few I've enjoyed recently

Delirium in Antwerpen. Never disappoints.
IMG_20181014_190515.jpg

La Chouffe in Amsterdam. I totally recommend this hoppy rendition.
IMG_20181020_143458.jpg

A taste of Lille. Lille's a pretty cool student city and everybody gets trashed on this because it's dirt-cheap and three is all it takes. Lots of vomit on the sidewalks in the morning.
IMG_20181013_213201.jpg

Totally recommend this guy.
IMG_20181012_203122.jpg

A little basic bitch, but delicious. I of course had more in Lille than pictured here.
IMG_20181012_203129.jpg

I was in the ass crack of England last week and had some lovely Cornish brews. No pictures. I'll be in Düsseldorf next week and am crossing my fingers that the special, strong Altbier that's only brewed in Christmas season will be available.

20181117_141243.jpg

I got these Maine Brewing Co. beers from a friend of mine. Lunch, Peeper and Woods & Waters. I had to jump in and try the Lunch right away and it didn't disappoint at all. Super tasty.

I also had Pliny the Elder, Blind Pig and Supplication from Russian River during a trip recently and those were all very nice.

Flensburger is solid and their bottles always have a nice solid pop when opened, but I've actually only ever had their Pilsner. I tend to think of south Germany when when I'm looking for a Weizen or a Hell, so it's just never crossed my mind to pick up some.

I've guzzled down quite a fair amount of Altbier the last couple of days and brought some home with me. The circulation for a good amount of Altbier breweries in Düsseldorf is super small and can only be bought in the city. I'll post 'em after I drink 'em.

Flensburger is solid and their bottles always have a nice solid pop when opened, but I've actually only ever had their Pilsner. I tend to think of south Germany when when I'm looking for a Weizen or a Hell, so it's just never crossed my mind to pick up some.

I've guzzled down quite a fair amount of Altbier the last couple of days and brought some home with me. The circulation for a good amount of Altbier breweries in Düsseldorf is super small and can only be bought in the city. I'll post 'em after I drink 'em.
I really wish Parkbrau in Pirmasens would import to the states. Way back in the day they had the best Altbier plus Pirmanator lol