Beer

i'm having the grand teton xx au naturale tonight. not my favorite, too much hops.

i decided i needed more dark beers, since the season is changing. so i bought these:
IMG_1662.jpg

this brew with raisins should be interesting
~gR~

I had some Molson Dry last night. I don't think it's sold in America. As the name suggest it is a dryer and slightly more alcoholic lager than Molson Canadian. It's cheap and drinkable, but it's not especially tasty.

Yeah they sell that molson brand here its pretty good. Hey GR how is that Three Philosphers Beer? I almost bought it at Kahn's Superstore the other day when they had an octoberfest beer and wine tasting party. Btw i highly recommend a good German Dark Wheat beer made by Schneider called Aventinus esp if you find a special one that was brewed in 2003 yum!

The one time I had Three Philosohpers, I think it was an off bottle. It had a ton of protein chunks in it, and it was just okay. I like Ommegang's beers quite a bit, but sometimes they have some QC issues. They need to start dating their beers.

That being said, I had a four pack of Hennepin last night, and they were delicious. Was hungover pretty bad today though.

having the witches brew tonight. pretty good thus far. a little hoppy, but well balanced with a warm malty taste. still very light though. almost as good as the allagash tripel
~gR~

Tonight I've been enjoying a couple of trusty old favorites, i.e. Weihenstephaner Korbinian and Ayinger Bräu Weisse. A couple weeks ago I tried an Ommegang for the first time. It was the Abbey Ale. I really enjoyed that one and look forward to trying some more of their brews.

Went to a beer bar to watch the Cubs game, and their atrocious play led me to drink. A lot. I went through:

Southern Tier Pumking 22oz. 9% abv
Two Brothers Bare Tree Weiss Wine (split a 750) 10.5%
Ayinger Celebrator 6.7%
Surly Coffee Bender 5.1%
Dark Horse Rod ? (supposedly brewed with aphrodisiac herbs)

Everything I had was tasty, although my palate must have been destroyed by the time I got to Rod. The Bare Tree was very good. Very strong honeydew melon flavors.

started in on the chimay cinq cent trappist. its not my style. not enough malty warmth and a bit light on the flavor. after two chimay beers, ive decided im not a fan. just not enough flavor.
~gR~

IMG_1664.jpg

thats todays purchase

i was trying to find some dark spiced ales, but with no luck.

on a sad note, the cork on my lost abbey bottle broke. im not sure how i can get it hopen. even using a cork screw didnt work. it just crumbled when i pulled...
~gR~

IMG_1664.jpg

thats todays purchase

i was trying to find some dark spiced ales, but with no luck.

on a sad note, the cork on my lost abbey bottle broke. im not sure how i can get it hopen. even using a cork screw didnt work. it just crumbled when i pulled...
~gR~
If you've got cork problems, ram it down with a pen or screwdriver, then pour slowly to avoid getting the chunks in the glass. Or use a coffee filter if there are lots of small pieces.

yeah, im gonna push the cork in. its simply too perfect for my dinner tonight. (sweet potato and pork in a chili/chocolate rub). the raisins should give it a dark and sweet (much like myself) flavor that will go well with this new chocolate stuff.
~gR~

ok, for the lost abbey... GREAT! reminds me of 1554 in color and taste, just a bit more fruity (due to the raisins). lots of chocolate though. and this is BLACK! barely a hint of brown in there...

i dig...
~gR~