Best and Worse of FTR

kalmah42090

Jul 12, 2007
Florida
www.myspace.com
Now, I believe every song on the new album has a place, and they are all good songs, but I want to hear what people have to say about their favorites and least favorites from the album.

My favorite would have to be Wings of Blackening, and my least favorite is Towards the Sky.

i would have to disagree about towards the sky but that is your opinion and i respect that...
i think every song does something for me. my favorites are Dead Mans Shadow, Wings of Blackening, Towards the sky, and Like a Slave. i think these songs apeal to me the most because i play guitar and all of these have very cool riffs that i think are amazing

Now for Coward i think it Could have started out better than how it did but the part at 1:45 in the song i feal is amazing and really represents the band the most for that whole song. the solo is also good too

yeah from the part that i talked about on it is very solid.. i am waiting on their cover of sepultras arise. the thing that i think is funny is that i tend to like their covers more than the original song haha.

i dont like holy symphony of war really. the clean vocals, the anthemic, crowd pleasing tone, made for a live setting vibe throws me off. not something id think kalmah would have done.

that being said, the new album is indeed very fun to listen to and i applaud the band.

but previous albums are far superior.

The album is pretty cool, not better than The Black Waltz but impressive nevertheless, for me this is how i rank the songs (from best to worse)..although their is no real "bad" song in the album..

1-Outremer
2-Dead Man's Shadow
3-Coward
4-Holy Symphony of war/Wings of Blackening
5-For the revolution
6-Ready for Salvation
7-Like a Slave
8-Towards the sky..

Song rankings...interesting idea..lol, this is what I feel right now.

1.Wings Of Blackening
2.Dead man's Shadow
3.Outremer
4.Ready For Salvation
5.Like A Slave
6.Holy Symphony of War
7.For The Revolution
8.Coward
9.Towards The Sky

As of right now I think this would be my order, BUT i know it will change over time.
1.Outremer
2.Holy Symphony of War
3.Wings of Blackening
4.Dead Man's Shadow
5.Like a Slave
6.Towards the Sky
7.Coward
8.For The Revolution
9.Ready for Salvation

Mine would be more like this:
1.- Dead Man's Shadow
2.- Holy Symphony of war
3.- Wings of Blackening
4.- For the Revolution
5.- Like a Slave
6.- Outremer
7.- Towards the Sky
8.- Coward
9.- Ready for Salvation
Or something like that because I don't remember very well al songs.

I think my least favorite would be For the Revolution but i know it's probably because i've listen to it a hundred times before the album came out.

I can't really choose a favorite between Holy Symphony of War, Wings of Blackening, Toward the Sky and Like a Slave.

1. Wings of Blackening
2. For the Revolution
3. Dead Man's Shadow
4. Like a Slave
5. Holy Symphony of War
6. Ready for Salvation
7. Outremer
8. Coward
9. Towards the Sky

It sucks putting RFS,OR,and Coward at the end because they are all great songs, just not AS great as the others! However I thought towards the sky, while decent, was a bit monotonous by Kalmah standards. Nice lead though.

strange how most people are not to fond of towards the sky, id have to say it was the strongest song for me, thus my favorite on the album followed by outremer and like a slave. Overall an excellent album.

yeah i love towards the sky along with outremer and like a slave... and well all of the rest of the fucking album too. but my order would have to be

1. Like a Slave
2.Towards the sky
3.Wings of Blackening
4.Dead man's shadow
5.Outremer
6.Holy Symphony of War
7.Coward
8.Ready For Salvation
9.For the Revolution due to over playing but m favorites allways change around

For me I think this is what I like:

1. Ready For Salvation
  2. Dead Man´s Shadow
  3. Outremer
  4. Wings Of Blackening
  5. Like A Slave
  6. For The Revolution

but you know some thing , All of the song are fucking cool, KEEP THE MELODIC DEATH METAL
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Like every Kalmah album, I adore every song, For the Revolution, Holy Symphony
of War, Dead Mans Shadow, and Wings of Blackeneing are my most played tracks currently.