Best and Worse of FTR

I love almost all the songs - Outremer might be my favorite. My least favorite is Ready for Salvation - this is just too slow for my tastes. I want something with a bit more feeling like "Moon of My Nights" if they are going to slow down.

A really solid album overall - a lot like TBW part II, and that's not a bad thing.

a lot like TBW part II

I have seen alot of references to this album being like TBW, and i have to disagree. Yes, it is more riff oriented, like the black waltz, with less melodies than previous albums, but I really don't see a main comparison with tbw. If anything this album encompasses a large amount of factors from every album so far. Making it pretty unique to me.

I have seen alot of references to this album being like TBW, and i have to disagree. Yes, it is more riff oriented, like the black waltz, with less melodies than previous albums, but I really don't see a main comparison with tbw. If anything this album encompasses a large amount of factors from every album so far. Making it pretty unique to me.
Well said, I agree 100%.

Holy symphony of war is my favorite song on the album...it's got a bit of the old and the new style, and so much energy..
Also Like a Slave is awesome, it's cool to see them try out new things while still keeping the old sound.
Personally I think the entire album is awesome, there's not a single song that I skip (unlike 9/10 of all CD's I own, usually there's at least 1-2 songs that I ALWAYS skip)

Like a Slave is awesome and his some energy in it, lyrically its really good aswell..

Although i listen Towards the sky as my least favorate song of the album, i still think its an awesome track and my opinion of it is increasingly getting better..

Suprising to see so many list Wings of Blackening as their favourite, but I guess we all have our different tastes.

Right now I suppose my list would be:

Dead Mans Shadow
Ready For Salvation
For The Revolution
Like a Slave
Outremer
Wings of Blackening
Coward
Towards The Sky
Holy Symphony Of War

Though I love every track, I rank this album my favourite Kalmah to date.

I am a huge like a slave fan so that is my favorite. But I am really surprised about wings of blackening's lyrics... I've never directly adress religion like that.. I think its nice to see

I am a huge like a slave fan so that is my favorite. But I am really surprised about wings of blackening's lyrics... I've never directly adress religion like that.. I think its nice to see
Interesting is right! So we can now assume Pekka is a Christian of some sort, but his view of "God" doesn't seem to be in line with the way God is presented by most mainstream churches today. It seems that Pekka believes in a God that is angry a lot of the time ;)

You should have done a poll man :D i dont really have any favorites but ill list the one i like the most....

For The Revolution
Dead Man's Shadow
Wings Of Blackening
Ready For Salvation

In no order...i like am all but yeah these one's stand out the most to me....

Outremer lifts me up even I am in a bad mood or sad. There is great energy and happy power, like Marco itself. :)
I also love Holy Symphony of War and Ready for Salvation. And Like a Slave.

Wings of Blackening
Like a Slave
Dead Man's Shadow
Coward
Outreamer
For The Revolution
Towards the Sky
Ready For Salvation
Holy Symphony of War

Interesting is right! So we can now assume Pekka is a Christian of some sort, but his view of "God" doesn't seem to be in line with the way God is presented by most mainstream churches today. It seems that Pekka believes in a God that is angry a lot of the time ;)

What makes you think he's christian?
The part you said about god being angry, reminds me of Yahweh, another name given to god, sometimes in a punishing way when the always say god when they refer when he's forgiving.

What makes you think he's christian?
The part you said about god being angry, reminds me of Yahweh, another name given to god, sometimes in a punishing way when the always say god when they refer when he's forgiving.

"Yahweh" comes from Jewish tradition and was the name they werent supposed to say.

The true pronunciation of Yhwh was apparently 'Yahweh', meaning 'He causes to be, He brings into existence'

others believe that it comes from a Hebrew verb "to be" in the 3rd person singular.

There were many other words refering to God in the Old Testament because saying God's name was concidered a sin.

And I believe too, that Pekka at last showed his Christian approach in that very direct way. Needless to say, I love it!

What's scaring me more than anything is that with Wings of Blackening Pekka basically puts Darwin, Hitler and Lenin on the same level... Am I the only one who sees the lyrics this way?

Everyone can believe what they choose to, but I find this somewhat strange. Awesome song in any case :)

...Lenin ...

i suppose he means by Vladimir, Vladimir Putin or am I completely wrong?!

And people take the lyrics way too serious. I think they are are there to just make your own mind and make you think. Pekka just, in wing of blackening eg, says something and want to make people to think how it really is. And lyrics, i think, is there to mean something that you self think of and can recognize as something related to yourself and everyone can make ther own opinion what they are meaning. (Sounds weird in english:D but hope you know what i mean)