Best and Worse of FTR

Im glad my least favorite song (Towards the Sky) is lightyears above anything off of the new Norther, Bodom, In Flames, Soilwork, and Opeth disc (though the new Bodom has some catchy fuckers). Seriously bring on the new disc Kalmah...Im ready again.

Like a slave is my favourite for sure:D Wings of Blackening and Towards the Sky is also awesome!(actually the whole album is awesome) but if i have to choose, i think i like Dead Man's Shadow the least.

What's scaring me more than anything is that with Wings of Blackening Pekka basically puts Darwin, Hitler and Lenin on the same level... Am I the only one who sees the lyrics this way?

Everyone can believe what they choose to, but I find this somewhat strange. Awesome song in any case :)

I've written about this lyrics in "Kalmah revolution" thread, as I noticed the same thing...anyway, great album, it needs more listenings with respect to previous releases.

Holy Symphony of War
Toward the sky
Dead man's shadow
Outremer
For the revolution
Wings of Blackening
Like a slave
Ready for salvation
Coward

Wings of Blackening is definetely my least favorite. I can't tolerate the lyrics. I just can't.

Its shit.

And well i guess im not the only one that names Outremer as my favorite one.

"What's scaring me more than anything is that with Wings of Blackening Pekka basically puts Darwin, Hitler and Lenin on the same level... Am I the only one who sees the lyrics this way?"

Well i see em sort of same way. The thing that disturbs me really, is that aparently Mr. Kokko sees Darwin in same category as father of Soviet Communism... Like greatest man made killer in history...

It clearly sounds like Darwin is in "list of most evil people in history".

I can't bring my self to like or even bother to listen to the song.

Well no matter if Mr.Pekka, where ever he is now, writes as great songs as normaly in future and only drops this kind of shit ones ever 10 years or so.

And well in other songs that have stuff about religion, church, christianity or w/e, haven't been like this. They all had something that makes em more... Well some even sound critical towards religion or are about matter that is connected to religion in way that doesn't make it... well like this. They just have subject from religion, like Outremer, its history.

Nothing in this song that would save it.

It is a statement quite clearly.

Well i guess you don't need to be genious to make great lyrics... Well someone going for Genesis instead of The Origin of Species for knowledge seems to be able to do it.

Yours with love AntiTheist.

Well i guess you don't need to be genious to make great lyrics... Well someone going for Genesis instead of The Origin of Species for knowledge seems to be able to do it.

That's pretty harsh don't you think?

I myself am not a christian follower, but if he wishes to speak his beliefs on his bands work then I dont' see why you should criticize him so severely for it.

Yes, you have the right to say whatever you want, but out of common decency for a fellow human beign, let everyone believe what they want, freely.

Just a thought.

That's pretty harsh don't you think?

I myself am not a christian follower, but if he wishes to speak his beliefs on his bands work then I dont' see why you should criticize him so severely for it.

Yes, you have the right to say whatever you want, but out of common decency for a fellow human beign, let everyone believe what they want, freely.

Just a thought.

agreed very much so!

a christian follower normally believes that all sins are on the same level. its just plain sin. which puts not beliving in god/dreaming up another possible reason to how our world came to be (darwin) and killing a bunch of people (Hitler). im not saying it sounds right but if this song was written to be a pro christian song, that is a possible reason for including all on the same level and scale as the others.

Maybe it is written as a parodic opinion to church... You can't throw shits on something that maybe have something hidden between lines... Because many people writes in parodic stile... saying something that they don't think to other understand how much is funny thinking like that... I hope that you understand my sentence...

Hm, faves...

Dead Man's Shadow 5/5+
Towards The Sky 5/5+
Outremer 5/5
Ready For salvation 5/5
For the Revolution 5/5
Wings of Blackening 4/5
Holy Symphony of War 4/5
Coward 4/5
Like A Slave 4/5

Ooo? Now what's that about Wings of Blackening?
Interesting, as it happens, I'd never actually paid real attention to the lyrics before. Hm. xP

So what's it say? Hm, I'd rule out sarcasm/irony, the tone lacks any indication to that, and combined with a few references of choice from earlier Kalmah tracks, the obvious conclusions do make sense, though everything considered, I'd box Pekka in with the philosophicals rather than the religious.
Not that I'd care either way.

As for the song itself, I don't think it really lines up the trio as "the most ewul peoples of the earth", rather, they're all notorious people who in their time spawned widespread anti-christian/atheist ideals.
Darwin, the daddy of the (oh-so-fashionable) intellectual-atheism.
Lenin, whose communist party did a fair deal of bible burning and general denial of divinity.
And, well, Hitler, he wasn't known to be fond of JUDEO-christian traditions. :p

Ooo? Now what's that about Wings of Blackening?
Interesting, as it happens, I'd never actually paid real attention to the lyrics before. Hm. xP

So what's it say? Hm, I'd rule out sarcasm/irony, the tone lacks any indication to that, and combined with a few references of choice from earlier Kalmah tracks, the obvious conclusions do make sense, though everything considered, I'd box Pekka in with the philosophicals rather than the religious.
Not that I'd care either way.

As for the song itself, I don't think it really lines up the trio as "the most ewul peoples of the earth", rather, they're all notorious people who in their time spawned widespread anti-christian/atheist ideals.
Darwin, the daddy of the (oh-so-fashionable) intellectual-atheism.
Lenin, whose communist party did a fair deal of bible burning and general denial of divinity.
And, well, Hitler, he wasn't known to be fond of JUDEO-christian traditions. :p

i like your point of view

welcome to kalmah forums ;)