Best band from the USA?

Currently, I bow to Lamb of God as the best American metal band. "New American Gospel" is technical and crushing, yet very listenable. Great stuff.:cool:

Honorable mentions to: Nile

I love progressive bands like Crimson Glory, Queensryche and Savatage. They have some monumental albums in the 80's and some excellent and shit ones in the 90's. Other similar bands worth mentioning are Dream Theater and Fates Warning, but I wish they had better vocalists.

From the more heavier stuff I like mainly extreme bands like Cynic, Agalloch and Atheist, doom bands like Solitude Aeturnus, Novembers Doom and power/trash bands like Sanctuary/Nevermore, Megadeth and 80's Metallica.

I really dig Anacrusis, Faith No More, Galactic Cowboys, Voivod, Thought Industry, those bands defy classification so I put them seperately.

I also still listen to some grunge bands, mainly Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, Alice In Chains and Nirvana - these basically turned me into heavier music..

Outside of metal I like Depeche Mode, REM, Tori Amos, Doors, Pink Floyd, and many others...

Overall there are a lot of great bands from the USA and it's really hard to pick only one.. But if I have to choose two bands that would be Crimson Glory and Anacrusis, the first had the greatest vocalist ever born, and the second is the most unique thing I've heard.

Hehe, but how can you all 4get guns n roses ;)

Probably because most everyone is posting bands that are still relevant today.:D

Though I absolutely adore about 8-10 of their songs, and hold "November Rain" up as one of the most sincere ballads ever recorded, they are not releasing anything of consequence. Sure, the new album, whenever it comes out, may actually be good, but the 80's rock movement has all but died, the loyal legions of GnR with it.

If "Chinese Democracy" ever comes out, I'll probably buy it, but until the day it does, GnR are not relevant, imo. As a result, I'm pushing Lamb of God, and to lesser extent, Nile and Nevermore.

SYMPHONY X is the best America has to offer right now in my opinion, the entire band has amazing talent, especially Romeo on guitars and Allen on vocals