Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Last Fair Deal Gone Down

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Viva Emptiness

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • The Great Cold Distance

Votes: 14 15.1%

• Total voters
Discouraged Onces is probably my favorite and the remastered version sounds even better and same goes for brave murder day with sounds of decay as bonus. Incredible albums. I really need to get Viva Emptiness.

Voted for Tonight's Decision.

Maybe it's because it was my first Katatonia album, but there is so much depth to it.

That album is a doctrine of despair. It's incredible.

I voted BMD out of principle, cause it was the first record by them I got into. It, along with Dance of December Souls, Sounds of Decay, Discouraged Ones and TGCD are the ones I fell in love with.

Dance of December Souls

How do some of you manage to enjoy everything a band has released? Seems like mindless fanboyism to me. I am certainly not interested in hearing a death/doom band gone indie-rock/shoegaze/whateverthefuckelsetheyarenow.

I just feel like it's the same people on this forum that like EVERY GOD DAMN THING A BAND HAS EVER RELEASED EVEN IF THEY TURN INTO PSYCHEDELLIC-INFUSED REGGAE BLUEGRASS or whatever.

In all seriousness, it's not a big deal.

Dance of December Souls

How do some of you manage to enjoy everything a band has released? Seems like mindless fanboyism to me. I am certainly not interested in hearing a death/doom band gone indie-rock/shoegaze/whateverthefuckelsetheyarenow.
I can understand where you're coming from, but in my case its just I find their whole discography consistently enjoyable, whatever genre it is doom metal or depressive rock.

Their newer stuff sounds more like Coldplay than it does like metal.

What I would expect from a deaf german:lol:

How do some of you manage to enjoy everything a band has released? Seems like mindless fanboyism to me.

You want mindless fanboyism, check out most of the death\black metal ONLY whores.

And a best album is impossible to talk about, every album has its perfection and they have never released anything bad. Hope the new album will be darker then ever, but still got a hold on the post-doom sound that they got now.

Brave Murder Day is truly a great album.

LFDGD is interesting and in fact more depressing to me at times but as it whole it doesn't compare.

Had you asked 5 years ago, I'd quickly answer "Last Fair Deal". After I started to enjoy more extreme metal however, I've listened a lot more to Brave Murder Day and Dance of December Souls. So by a slight margin, I voted for BMD. Could have gone any one way though.

Oh and do I realize I am late to the party. Haha. Well, their newer stuff doesn't come close anyway...