Best movie of the year...

Best movie so far, "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle", stupid but funny. "Spiderman 2" and "Shrek 2" are honorable mentions. I just saw "Resident Evil 2" and it was allright. I'm just really picky when it comes to zombie movies, you can't beat the classics.

I have only been to the movies once this year and that was to see that steaming pile of shit that was Spiderman 2.

Butterfly Effect and Kill Bill 2 were both good though...really good.

TOP 5

1. Ripley's Game with John Malkovich(it was released internationally; but not in the US for ridiculous reasons). This is the best film depicting the Mr. Ripley character and also Malkovich's best performance EVER! And John Malkovich is Mr. Ripley- just as Anthony Hopkins is Hannibal Lecter(only Ripley is even more sophisticated).

2. House Of Sand And Fog with Ben Kingsley and Jennifer Connelly - far better than either 21 Grams or Mystic River.

3. Spartan with Val Kilmer - another taut, snappily dialouged espionage-thriller by David Mamet.

4. Shattered Glass with Hayden Christiansen and Peter Sarsgaard - Great portrayal of the duplicitous Stephen Glass and his fall. Holy shit! Padowon jedi Anakin really CAN act.....who knew?

5. Dogville with Nicole Kidman - very strange (and a bit long) stage-set drama by Lars Von Trier with great performances that has a very, very satisfying ending(when it finally arrives).

Everyone keeps saying how good the butterfly effect is.. i havent seen it, but how in the hell could anything with that dolt whats his name.. thinks a while, shit i cant remember it, the idiot shagging demi moore.. anyway, i wanna know how can anything that he is the star of actually be good? (this is a legitimate question, i really do wanna know)

SilentRealm said:
Everyone keeps saying how good the butterfly effect is.. i havent seen it, but how in the hell could anything with that dolt whats his name.. thinks a while, shit i cant remember it, the idiot shagging demi moore.. anyway, i wanna know how can anything that he is the star of actually be good? (this is a legitimate question, i really do wanna know)

A.) Ashton Kutcher
B.) I have no freakin' idea; I can't stand him either.

SR wrote

He does a good job in this movie.....but i'm still scratching my head as to why his role in Dude,Where's My Car? wasn't honoured with at least an Academy Award nomination.

:lol:, yeah I dont normally like that guy at all, but Dude Wheres My Car? was a stellar movie for sure.. (I think my IQ just dropped about 50 points with that statement, however sarcastic it may be)

SilentRealm said:
:lol:, yeah I dont normally like that guy at all, but Dude Wheres My Car? was a stellar movie for sure.. (I think my IQ just dropped about 50 points with that statement, however sarcastic it may be)
i think it is more than 50, it droped 70 at least

The father of the director of "Dude..." and "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle" taught my sister's English class in high school. He must be really proud of his son...

The awesome plot is what makes The Butterfly Effect so aweseome. Ashton Kutcher isnt bad in it but it definately isnt his acting that makes the movie. Its just got such a kick ass story to it.

Beelzebub said:
The father of the director of "Dude..." and "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle" taught my sister's English class in high school. He must be really proud of his son...

haha harold and kumar was pretty good. Without a paddle was surprisingly good, too.