Best of 2008 So Far...And Still to Come

the best for me is the new Enslaved, very original and catchy as hell, especially the song New Dawn, god I had that song playing in my head during the whole day at job.

I haven't paid much attention to new releases the past couple of months, but these are my top few of this year including non-metal.

Miss Construction - Kunstprodukt
[distatix] - :medication:
Neo Inferno 262 - Hacking the Holy Code
Moonspell - Night Eternal
Fairytale Abuse - Perversions of Angel VI
Eden Synthetic Corps - Enhancer

To be honest, the new Mgla, Arckanum, and Avsolutized records are the only metal records I have been totally blown away by this year. I want to hear some more stuff soon!

the best for me is the new Enslaved, very original and catchy as hell, especially the song New Dawn, god I had that song playing in my head during the whole day at job.
Agreed. I didn't think it would be this good. Now on my Top 5 of 08' so far for sure. Ground, New Dawn, and The Watcher are the standout tracks for me.

Going back to The Gates Of Slumber, I was pretty disappointed, it's not really top ten material. By no means a bad album, but I think for the most part it's outshone by a lot of the material from their splits and EPs.

So far, I'd say the new albums from Cradle of Filth and Moonspell (though those are certainly not the best work from either band) along with Fairytale Abuse are my top three for 2008.

I'm trying to decide the rest which is likely to include: Neo Inferno 262, Belphegor, Behexen, Cararch Angren, Sothis, Veneficium, Quadrivium, The Haunted, Chaosweaver and more...

Behexen still takes the cake for me, but the new Darkestrah is making a push.

Neo Inferno 262 is great, but it fell below the expectations yet set me with.

My top picks include but are not limited to: Manilla Road, Seamount, Abominable Putridity, Necrovation, Zero Hour, Mgła, Krallice, inExordium, Blaze Inside, probably Human Mincer when it comes out, etc.

Slania was very good imo.

I also enjoyed the latest Alghazanth, Wreath of Thevetat], Teratism's Pure Unadulterated Hate, and Martriden's The Unsettling Dark.

As far as Nachtmystium goes, I'm not liking what I've heard of Assassins, but I really enjoyed the Worldfall EP.

Behexen still takes the cake for me

DUDE the bass in that album... incredible. I really enjoyed it.