Best of 2008 So Far...And Still to Come

Don't think I've seen them mentioned on here before. Good stuff.

Tales From The Tomb is awesome and really need to hear this so if you could send me the album or some of it in mp3 format that would be nice.

My favorite so far this year, which I don't usually see talked about a lot, is Keldian - Journey of Souls. They are...sort of this Luca Turilli/Europe mix with less overflowing-everything-with-orchestral-stuff tendancies, and a darker vibe.

New top 10 for me.

Faustcoven - Rising From Below The Earth
Revelation - Release
Arghoslent - Hornets of the Pogrom
The Gates of Slumber - Conqeuror
Dead Congregation - Graves of the Archangels
Necrovation - Breed Deadness Blood
Apostle of Solitude - Sincerest Misery
Eldrig - Mysterion
Valkyrie - Man of Two Visions
Ereb Altor - By Honour
Evocation - Dead Calm Chaos

Other good shit..

Morbosidad - Profana la Cruz del Nazareno
Manilla Road- Voyager
Ogre - Plague of the planet
Weltenfeind - GBK/ABSURD/Sigrblot Split
Fall of the idols - Seance
Agalloch - The White EP
Reino Ermitaño - Rituales Interiores
Grave Desecrator - Sign of Doom
Ironsword - Overlords Of Chaos
Portrait - Portrait
Astrofaes - Shu Nun
The Lamp of Thoth - Portents, Omens & Dooms
Blasphemophagher - Nuclear Empire of Apocalypse
Father Befouled - Obscurus Nex Cultus
Mgla - Groza
Spite Extreme Wing - Vltra
Proclamation - Messiah of Darkness and Impurity
Ignivomous - Eroded Void Of Salvation
Dismember - Dismember
Nuclear Desecration - Desecrated Temple Of Impurity
October Falls - The Womb Of Primordial Nature
Hail of Bullets - …Of Frost And War
Spear of Longinus - Rune / Goetia

Glad to see Proclamation on that list.

What are people's opinions on the new Soulfly?
I liked it. Can't say that it's one of 2008's best, but definitely decent. I've heard people saying it's boring and all song sound like one, other people say it rocks, you know. I think it's good. There's one song "Touching The Void" that surprised me, - it's kinda doom-ish, really interesting one.

As of right now Bonded by Bloods "feed the beast" is a top contender for album of the year. I also listen alot to Cavalera Conspiracy's "inflikted".

Another good one is Testaments "formation of damnation" but it doent reach the very top of the mountan. I go really into Opeths "watershed" when it came out but havent listened alot to it since then.

The most hyped album of the year may have been Metallicas "death magnetic" and while there are good guitar hero rips the sound is awful on the retail. It has some good songs on there but nowhere near album of the year.

I was also disapointed with The Haunteds new one. I really liked the dead eye but versus feels very uninspired and doesnt explore anything new for the band.

Maybe not metal but Im looking forward to the new Guns N' Roses album (if it is indeed released in November). I'm a huge fan.

Hail Of Bullets - Of Frost & War (Martin Van Drunen, he's that awesome.)
Amon Amarth - Twilight Of The Thunder God( I had the pleasure of seeing these guys in Portland:headbang:)
Daylight Dies - Lost To The Living(Saw these guys open for Candlemass this year, it was great.)
Gojira - The Way Of All Flesh
Dismember - s/t
Decrepit Birth - Diminishing Between Worlds
Melvins - Nude With Boots
The Gates Of Slumber - Conqueror
Lair Of The Minotaur - War Metal Battle Master
Dystopia - s/t