Best release by The End Records this year

THE Best

• Epoch of Unlight - The Continuum Hypothesis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andy Winter - Shades of Light through Black and White

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've heard exactly none of those. The End Records lost me a long time ago.

Their older bands were far better, IMO. Love History, Nokturnal Mortum, Mental Home, and yes, I somewhat enjoyed Scholomance. Epoch of Unlight wasn't bad. I jumped ship around the time of Winds, The Sham Mirrors, Virgin Black and electronica Ulver.

And they'll always have Agalloch, of course.

Great mailorder, though.

For me, Frantic Bleep slightly edged out Novembers Doom, but there are several good releases in that batch. The poll closes on the day that we receive new records from The End (Subterranean Masquerade and Thine Eyes Bleed), fyi.

I've heard the Epoch of Unlight, Green Carnation and the Novembers Doom. They were all "meh" to me. However I will bet that the new Peccatum EP will be much more worth hearing than any of those.

Poll is missing Ulver. :Smug: :loco:

I've only heard Novembers Doom, and I can't really get into it. Haven't given it a solid chance just yet, but I haven't really wanted to either. I dunno, I think I need to wait until around Halloween time to appreciate that one.

^ ditto what that guy said about the Novembers Doom. i can never make myself get past a couple of tracks... just not my kind of thing. coming soon to a tradelist near you.

Frantic Bleep is a huge letdown for me , in comparison of their demo.I'd say none of them :)

Novembers Doom wins this poll for me, but I'm all ND'd out these days. It's summer, I want heavy f'ing metal. In fact, today I'm going to listen to some Angel Witch and Brocas Helm.

Novembers Doom are best listened to in November. And when you're in the mood for doom. Even if they are death now. :loco: But seriously, this applies to any Autumnal Metal, it just doesn't work on hot summer days drinking magic hat.

JayKeeley said:
It's summer, I want heavy f'ing metal. In fact, today I'm going to listen to some Angel Witch and Brocas Helm., it just doesn't work on hot summer days drinking magic hat.

Yeah, all my thrash and death albums are getting a workout during the day. Seems to be Morbid Angel week actually, that and slayer. Though it's been cloudy and rainy this week :erk:

IOfTheStorm said:
For a strange reason i totally enjoy "The Pale Haunt Departure" on a totally sunny day.

The Knowing works 365 days a year, no shit. On a summers day, listen to "In Memories Past" and check that groove and ode to Woodstock-era Santana.