big news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
picard-2.jpg

Out of anyone's advice in this thread I appreciate Crimson 713's the most, although I thank anyone who gave me serious and thoughtful advice. but.....

my girlfriend had her period yesterday. We sort of freaked when she was a month and a half late, so she took a pregnancy test.

late period AND a false positive on a pregnancy test? what are the chances of that?

well all I know is she had her goddamn period and it feels like the weight of the world has just been lifted off my shoulders. I'm still slightly worried though.

It's actually quite common for a woman to have her period while being pregnant; the only difference is the egg is not passed down the tubes (and hence, down the drain).

Make sure you used a good pregnancy test.

I'm glad you've done all the right things and all the right steps here. I went from feeling embarrassed to have you as a fellow Masshole to respecting you within 5 pages of a forum, good job. :p

To Crimson's second paragraph: all you're really doing is making overblown generalisations about abortion to impose your moral biases upon Astrum, which is a pretty shitty way to give advice. It's pretty easy to argue (as I've just done) how much more responsible it is to have a kid when you're ready as opposed to when you're in high school, have shit income, and are living in a crowded house. There aren't any fucking rules about getting pregnant, so don't make it sound like their are.

Personally, and this is my final word on the matter as the whole thing turned out to be a false alarm, I believe that Astrum was asking for moral advice as to what he should do, and the majority of what I posted was my own opinions, my personal moral stance on abortion. When debating the topic, I wasn't really replying to my full potential, as I was focusing on giving the best advice I could give, personally, instead of debating to win. Personally, I've only won a few debates, and I've only lost a few. Most debates that I'm involved in usually end up with each party leaving the issue as it originally stood, each with their own viewpoints, but just a better understanding/appreciation for their opponent's view as well.

I'm done.

If there's anything that makes me glad I can't get laid it's this kind of shit.

In all seriousness, I really think abortion is the way to go. You are not financially or emotionally capable of having a child, and I really doubt your girlfriend is either. You're in high school. Ambiguous morality aside, this would be the best thing for every living person involved. A child would be an extremely difficult thing to raise, and still do the things you need to do to be the most successful in life (college, work etc.) This is why I feel really passionate about keeping abortion legal. If you couldn't have one, pretty much your, her and the child's life would be very much impaired. In the end I really think it's her decision to abort the fetus or not, but I really think you should consider the option as well.

Best of luck man
That's what I think too.

Status
Not open for further replies.