Black/Death Metal lead guitar shredders.

Absolutely not. I can't fucking fathom why people even say this.

+1

I probably haven't even found any Black/Death metal bands that have guitarists who are quite on the same league as him. I don't know how many of you all play guitar but it's very hard to play most of his riffs on the first album. He's really genius to come up with all that stuff by himself, but I know he's gained some popularity for it & they're pretty easy on the ears compared to the more br000tal stuff. I guess he's kinda like the Justin Timberlake of death metal, but he's very talented nonetheless believe it or not. & his riffs are far from being generic. Show me a band that riffs like that before them & I will be a believer.

"Spiral Architect" is has sickening playing, but they're neither black or death metal. Also, Death's "Individual Thought Patterns" has some of the best "death" metal solos I've ever heard, but I still don't think I would put the over guitar playing on that album in the same league as "Onset of Putrefacation". Theory in Practice also have some good playing, but too many shitty songs on each album.

Actually I would love to see some death metal players on his league. I will look into these bands too.

+1

I probably haven't even found any Black/Death metal bands that have guitarists who are quite on the same league as him. I don't know how many of you all play guitar but it's very hard to play most of his riffs on the first album. He's really genius to come up with all that stuff by himself

The difficulty to play something on guitar does not make it good.

No, of fucking course not. But it's not random at all. Just ignore Shredhead because 90% of his posts are stupid. Also Blake/Nachtmystium shreds quite a lot.

The difficulty to play something on guitar does not make it good.

Absolutely. Song writing prevails over technically every time. He did say he wanted something with shredding like Necrophagist, however.

About Nachtmystium, I just remember listening to their MuySpace tracks a few times & I don't remember hearing anything too "fancy". Not that they're bad, just not very eccentric.

You're right that I shouldn't jump to conclusions, but after having heard a hand full of their songs I can still judge a band based on what I know about them. I am definitely no ultimate authority on Nachtmystium. I'm listening to the stuff on their page again & I'm liking it more than I did last time I heard it. I just don't hear the exact virtuostic elements that the OP is looking for in these MySpace songs.