Death metal or Black metal

• Death metal

Votes: 99 61.9%
  • Black metal

Votes: 62 38.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm...I've been into the death metal scene quite a bit longer than black metal. I wouldn't even know how to define the shit. Death metal is much easier to label, cryptopsy, obituary, cannibal corpse...its just shit about...death! Black metal? The hell is that? It could get confusing with the other types of metal...(to me)...I'd have to vote for death metal although black metal is rising on my list.

Death Metal is definitely #1 in my book.

Sure, there is some good black metal, but most of the stuff I've heard is more focused on wearing makeup and religious beliefs, than on tone and technique....

I'm not much into Black metal, but I havne't really heard enough to say that I don't like it.

I did see Immortal, and thought they were good, but I didn't go out and have to buy their ablums or anything.

Most Death is really, really cheesy and most Death bands sound quite similar...
I think black was at its prime around '93... the earlier days when there weren't way too much of those bands...
Now both genres have many bands that just sound the same...
I like bands that try different things and progress with either the death sound or the black sound or even both...
More talent, creativity and ingenuity... Less boring...

That's not to say there aren't really good Death bands and really good black metal bands...that's my two cents worth...

DEATH METAL! :headbang:
I like a few Black Metal bands like Emperor and Borknager alot but most of them just bores me. I like Death Metal because I like the vocals are better and it's more aggressive and intense in my opinion.

Originally posted by Guardian of Darkness
Hm....I wonder if any of you actually know what the difference is....I think I like black more....not really sure.

Yes I do and it's quite easy to know the difference between the two. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.