Black Metal.

it should also be pointed out that Dordeduh contains members of Negura Bunget that were kicked out after the release of OM. Hence the resemblance in sound

The more I listen to it the more I think it is probably my favorite BM album since Consolamentum. Definitely really damn good.

Is Mortiis good? I guess I'm talking about the stuff up to and including The Stargate. I've been enjoying more atmospheric stuff lately and thought it might be wise to investigate. I'm a big fan of Summoning and In The Nightside Eclipse. I'm looking for a dark atmosphere with relatively sparse vocals.

@ matt schrauben - It is atmo/folky/progressive black metal with xylophones, wooden plank and a whole bunch of other stuff. ^^

Dordeduh only has 1 great album and an EP, so go for that one.

As for Negura Bunget 'Om' or 'N' Crugu Bradului'.

Don't expect easy listening, might take a while to get into it, but the atmosphere usually grabs you. You should consider listening to an album at once and in order, since some songs blend into each other better.

Awesome! I'll be sure the check these guys out. It sounds very interesting.

Is Mortiis good? I guess I'm talking about the stuff up to and including The Stargate. I've been enjoying more atmospheric stuff lately and thought it might be wise to investigate. I'm a big fan of Summoning and In The Nightside Eclipse. I'm looking for a dark atmosphere with relatively sparse vocals.

I don't know, but fuck the artwork for Stargate is hilarious.

After listening to it five times, I think the Dordeduh album is good, but a little overhyped. Yeah, there's some good stuff on here, but nothing that really blows me away, and at times it does meander. Still a solid and enjoyable album, but I'm a little surprised to hear it referred to as the best BM album of the last two years and so on. Also, I don't know if I really would consider it a BM album in the first place; it's more of a prog/ folk metal album with some black metal riffs here and there.

Listen to Lord Wind before Mortiis, as they're definitely better.

I don't know, but fuck the artwork for Stargate is hilarious.
Yeah, jesus what the fuck. A lot of black metal artwork is awful, but this is a whole new level.

Listen to Lord Wind before Mortiis, as they're definitely better.
Specific recommendations? Also, where could I get any of that? I prefer to have a physical copy and amazon has a lot of Mortiis' stuff for very reasonable prices but not so much Lord Wind.

It sounded like the BM equivalent to Opeth.

I don't find this to be an apt comparison at all. I'd say that tag would go to a band like Ne Obliviscaris or however their name is spelled sooner than this.

This is a pretty obvious continuation of where Negura Bunget left off with OM.

I don't find this to be an apt comparison at all. I'd say that tag would go to a band like Ne Obliviscaris or however their name is spelled sooner than this.

This is a pretty obvious continuation of where Negura Bunget left off with OM.

I'm obviously being too harsh there, and I've only heard a few tracks on youtube, so my opinion is pretty much retarded. But I don't like OM either.

so I'm listening to the Dordeduh full length, and this is fucking awesome. It's exactly what I was hoping for. It seems to be bigger in scope than OM and more well done. This will more than likely be my album of the year for sure. Hupogrammos and Sol Faur nailed it