Black Metal.

I'm checking out the new Von album. I never quite got what the deal is with the band. I think I even heard some of the early stuff and don't remember much of it. Well I'm seeing them live in a few days so I better fucking learn what the deal is.

P.S. I'm seeing them w/ Inquisition because I'm not a giant faggot.

EDIT: I'm thorougly enjoying it now. I think this album will take its time to get used to.

I'm sure the new Von album sucks as much as those horrible Venien demos (Mommy, There is Someone in the Basement is probably the worst title ever created).

^^
Agreed. Anthems is the best symphonic black metal album ever. It's one of those albums where I hear sonething new everytime.

Btw, has anyone else caught the Metallica (Acclimation of Bonds/ For Whom the Bell Tolls) and Iron Maiden (With Strength I Burn/ Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner) references? Are there any other references to classic metal songs on this record?

finally checking out that Deafheaven people are so divided over. I like it. Then again, I do like hipster black metal. The vocals are a little too emo-y for me, but the music is nice. It's nothing spectacular, but it certainly isn't terrible to me

So random thought, some guy a long time ago posted some 60s-70s band with black metal sounding vocals. This literally could have been years ago, but would anyone happen to remember the name of the band?

Still really enjoying thev Limbonic Art album that I posted above - is that generally considered to be their best album? Here's my favorite song off it, how about you guys?

Last edited by a moderator: