Black Metal.

I've been to Starbucks. I saw the prices and left.

Honestly fuck that. I can have best espresso in Prague for 40czk and they sell their studpid longdrinks for 100+? Why do people go there again? Some things I will never understand.

Starbucks generally sucks, but I praise that their name comes from one of my favorite books ever, Moby Dick. Are they famous because of the fact they write one's name on his coffee?

I've been to Starbucks. I saw the prices and left.

Honestly fuck that. I can have best espresso in Prague for 40czk and they sell their studpid longdrinks for 100+? Why do people go there again? Some things I will never understand.

Supposidely "the atmosphere" but I find most people in there are angry yuppies. Gimme waffle house or any other restaurant coffee over their over priced, bitter trash...

Say what you will about Starbucks, but nothing is better to fuel you than a venti iced americano. 4 shots of espresso mixed with ice water. At a reasonable price of $3.46 including tax, it's the only caffeinated beverage I require all day.

... and we have digressed.

Does anyone have any recs for a Black Metal noob with a background in Progressive, Doom, Death Metal? I've already checked out some of the real classic stuff like Bathory, Burzum, Mayhem, and Darkthrone, with the fromer three being more enjoyable. Also, I enjoyed the atmosphere and music of Death- Pierce Me by Silencer, despite the comical vocals. Anything kinda like that worth checking out?

This should be interesting. Prepare for a monsoon of recommendations.

Here's some personal favourites of mine.

(Won't link anything from Immortal Pride by the same band as the songs are very long, but I recommend that album too.)

And a more recent band that I often sacrifice beers to.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any recs for a Black Metal noob with a background in Progressive, Doom, Death Metal? I've already checked out some of the real classic stuff like Bathory, Burzum, Mayhem, and Darkthrone, with the fromer three being more enjoyable. Also, I enjoyed the atmosphere and music of Death- Pierce Me by Silencer, despite the comical vocals. Anything kinda like that worth checking out?

i'll just chuck out a handful you may like:
ved buens ende - written in waters
hail - inheritance of evilness
bethlehem - dark metal/dictius te necare (some silencer vibes)
aeternus - beyond the wandering moon

out of interest, which darkthrone did you check out? pretty much all their classic albums are quite different from one another.

i'll just chuck out a handful you may like:
ved buens ende - written in waters
hail - inheritance of evilness
bethlehem - dark metal/dictius te necare (some silencer vibes)
aeternus - beyond the wandering moon

out of interest, which darkthrone did you check out? pretty much all their classic albums are quite different from one another.

I have "A Blaze In The Northern Sky" and "Transylvanian Hunger", and I especially liked "Transylvanian". I understand they were more death metal when they started, but I haven't heard that stuff. I've been meaning to pick up "Under A Funeral Moon". Also, thanks for the recs. I'll check these out as soon as I get a chance.

Your initial post made it sound like you didn't really enjoy Darkthrone so I'm assuming that's why old wainds asked which albums you'd heard. Soulside Journey and Goatlord are their death metal albums (and pretty great ones) if you want to look into that side of them.

A Blaze in the Northern Sky is my favourite Darkthrone, but all of their first 5 are great imo. I also enjoy some of their newer stuff but it isn't really black metal. One of the most consistently good metal bands with a large discography.

Be sure to let us know what you think of the current recs.

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG