Black Metal.

Listening to Ordo Ad Chao. I think I enjoy this album more than most. I think it is wonderfully dark and I love the production. It sounds so claustrophobic and evil. Atilla rules as well.

Its cool you like, its one of my favorite releases overall for this year. But I think its weird how this album gets slagged for 'having terrible production' and being 'musically unfocused' because I found absolutely nothing with either.

Det Frysende Nordarriket is a kind of compilation (of demos) too.
I think it is not that good. And it is difficult to get for a reasonable price.

Yeah, but then the self-titled is even harder to find. I'm lucky to own both ;)

Det Frysende Nordariket definitely contains Ildjarn's strongest material. The Norse EP alone is probably the best thing he's ever done, along with the Svartfrad EP. As for actual full-length albums, I too recommend the self-titled above the others, but seeing as it's extremely rare, check out Forest Poetry and Strength and Anger.

I thought it lacked in both departments.

The new Anaal Nathrakh is fucking killer, I wish I'd gotten it sooner. Easily in the top 10 black metal albums for the year.

I'll have formal list with captions and such posted on the blog by New Years.

Likewise for my blog. Mine will be after New Years. Maybe I will find a good album before 12:00.

So Mayhem and Peste Noire have/will be playing live together in France. That must be/have been amazing.

"The new Anaal Nathrakh is fucking killer, I wish I'd gotten it sooner. Easily in the top 10 black metal albums for the year."

that album has nothing to do with black metal..... it should be classified into grindcore/death

Opera IX - 'Sacra Culto'

Wow, I'm surprised someone on this board knows this band (too much newcombers here imo), Sacro Culto and Black Opera were some of my favorite albums of the late 90s, probably the only band with female vocal that plays GOOD music.

^Not true, if the riffs or the foundation of the music isn't good, what's the purpose of listening? Riffs, but vocals can enhance the music.

"The new Anaal Nathrakh is fucking killer, I wish I'd gotten it sooner. Easily in the top 10 black metal albums for the year."

that album has nothing to do with black metal..... it should be classified into grindcore/death

Umm no? I'd say blackened death.