Boat people in Australia

Kushantaiidan

SPASIBA AX.
I recent issue in australia that has got me really riled up is the boat people problem.

Australia gets a lot of illegal immegrents and refugees coming in on boats from all over the world, through indonesia with people smugglers. They come on tiny fishing boats packed with 500 desperate people.

Some boats get through, and these people come into the country. Or our valiant Navy stops them before they reach the shore, and either divert them to a tiny polynesian country, or capture them and put them all into camp prisons in the middle of our deserts, to be "processed".

Our governments and the general population feel very strongly about this, and no one wants the refugees to come to our country.

But, our country is poor by western standards, there is not enough industry, or technology, and we have only 18 million people here or something, spread over 7 million square kilometres. We have the room and the resources, and the need to allow these people in to our society, support them, and allow them to give something to this country.

But no one seems to want the refugees. I seem to be the only person who feels that these refugees should be allowed into this country, after being checked.

But that is what PROCESSING is. They put a few thousand refugees in a prison in the middle of the desert, while they are PROCESSED for many months.

Recently the refugees in these camps have been protesting, they want out. The'r have been break outs, vioolence, riots, and now they are resorting to more insane methods of protest. Now they are starving themselves. Some protesters sowed there childrens lips together.

SEW CHILDRENS LIPS TOGETHER SO THEY CAN'T EAT FOR THE PROTEST.

These people are desperate, and they need help. Australia needs more people, and these people need a free country. Some people may think that as soon as these people are allowed into the countyr, they'll start lip sewing. But they are doing this in protest, in desperation.

It's quite a difficult issue that I want to grasp a better understanding of.

I don't know how much the international community has heard about this, but what have you seen, what are your opinions on the matter. Do you have this problem in your country?

Indonesian fishermen are poor. You give them US$10 to get you to Australia. They will agree. That's why, the Refugees could easily reach the Australian shores.

Kushantaiidan said:
I recent issue in australia that has got me really riled up is the boat people problem.

Australia gets a lot of illegal immegrents and refugees coming in on boats from all over the world, through indonesia with people smugglers. They come on tiny fishing boats packed with 500 desperate people.

Some boats get through, and these people come into the country. Or our valiant Navy stops them before they reach the shore, and either divert them to a tiny polynesian country, or capture them and put them all into camp prisons in the middle of our deserts, to be "processed".

Our governments and the general population feel very strongly about this, and no one wants the refugees to come to our country.

But, our country is poor by western standards, there is not enough industry, or technology, and we have only 18 million people here or something, spread over 7 million square kilometres. We have the room and the resources, and the need to allow these people in to our society, support them, and allow them to give something to this country.

But no one seems to want the refugees. I seem to be the only person who feels that these refugees should be allowed into this country, after being checked.

But that is what PROCESSING is. They put a few thousand refugees in a prison in the middle of the desert, while they are PROCESSED for many months.

Recently the refugees in these camps have been protesting, they want out. The'r have been break outs, vioolence, riots, and now they are resorting to more insane methods of protest. Now they are starving themselves. Some protesters sowed there childrens lips together.

SEW CHILDRENS LIPS TOGETHER SO THEY CAN'T EAT FOR THE PROTEST.

These people are desperate, and they need help. Australia needs more people, and these people need a free country. Some people may think that as soon as these people are allowed into the countyr, they'll start lip sewing. But they are doing this in protest, in desperation.

It's quite a difficult issue that I want to grasp a better understanding of.

I don't know how much the international community has heard about this, but what have you seen, what are your opinions on the matter. Do you have this problem in your country?

He's not talking about the boats... he means the topic.

But the boat people choose Australia for a number of reasons:

1. It's extremely close to Indonesia, so there's less sailing time (so it's cheaper).
2. We have thousands of kilometres of shoreline so it's practically impossible to police the entire coast.
3. Australia is a good place to live and work, because we're a very multicultural country.

Well, do the international community know about this? Why the Aussie gov. didn't take a good action? Why did the gov. let it happened? Did they care?

plattopus said:
He's not talking about the boats... he means the topic.

But the boat people choose Australia for a number of reasons:

1. It's extremely close to Indonesia, so there's less sailing time (so it's cheaper).
2. We have thousands of kilometres of shoreline so it's practically impossible to police the entire coast.
3. Australia is a good place to live and work, because we're a very multicultural country.