dcb

nerd
Dec 7, 2008
guys, i need your help.

A

B

1. please pick your favorite tone

2. tell me which one is real bogner überschall miced,
and which is podfarm with guitarhacks impulses.

i need as many opinions as possible so everyones welcome to vote!
tone is soo subjective. and i just need second opinions!!!

these are non eq'ed samples. of course they need low mid taming,
but i wanted to leave the files as raw as possibble.

thanks guyysss

FOR ANSWER SCROLL DOWN //

should perhaps mention though that the Band is NOT looking for the typical modern metal tone, but for a dirtier rock sound that can still survive in a metal context....
curious to see how this'll turn out in the end ;)

that was fast !! ;-)
thank you guys !!!

pleasse moaaar. ;-)

and if youcan, please tell me on what system you listened to the clips. i feel the weakness of podfarm and impulses is always that they soundharsh on
cheap systems (because these systems boost the high frequencies very unnatural).
btw. : im gonna give you the answers after i have some more opinions. dont wanna influence you guys.

should perhaps mention though that the Band is NOT looking for the typical modern metal tone, but for a dirtier rock sound that can still survive in a metal context....
curious to see how this'll turn out in the end ;)

hehe, lasse nice you join us! ;-) great tones you did with nils! stoked!

i know the tones do not sound similar at all. i just tried out tones for my band today and cant really tell what i like more. modelled tones or real ones... maybe in the end it doesnt really matter if its real or modelled. just need more opinions. moooarr! ;-)

Wow, I much prefer A over B. Sounds much raunchier in a good way. Pretty sure B is the real amp, though (it sounds noisier)

A sounds more hyped or scooped or something, and B was this accentuated hi-mid or treble that's annoying in comparison.

A = Real
B = PodFarm

Listened on laptop speakers.. :eek:

ongel! welcome man. still in love with the tsx !!!
so which one do you prefer ? if you say B is podfarm,
i take you like A more ?

btw. im not gonna spill the beans yet! ;-)

Not funny people hesitate between a 3k amp and a plug-in :loco:

Not to be offensive to OP, but it's not the amp, it's the one who tweaks it.

That being said, I think A is PodFarm and sounds better than B. B has some kind of low mid "looseness" that makes it horrible.

I feel like B had a "real" low end to it, it was more dynamic and had more movement during the chugs.

A - Podfarm
B - Bogner