Breaking Bad

Personally I didn't think dexter's ending was THAT bad (wasn't good either though). The problem with dexter for me is that the series had started deteriorating in quality as a whole the last 2-3 seasons.

Personally I didn't think dexter's ending was THAT bad (wasn't good either though). The problem with dexter for me is that the series had started deteriorating in quality as a whole the last 2-3 seasons.

I'm sorry to say since I absolutely loved Dexter as a series (even the as you noted deteriorating final 2 - 3 seasons), but there's no painting lipstick on the pig that was that series finale - it was awful!!!!

Great ending to a great show...good to see a finite story finally come to a satisfying conclusion - it seemed like the writers went to great lengths to cross all the t's and dot all the i's. The only thing that I would've liked to have seen would have been for Walt to have some sort of opportunity to reconcile with his son, but that just wasn't going to happen at that point. It was especially good to see Walt tell Skylar where Hank was buried, but nothing beat Jessie choking the shit out of that Todd kid...i have to admit, as soon as the gunfire stopped, I was literally jumping up and down screaming "FUCKING GET HIM JESSIE, CHOKE HIS ASS OUT!". Between that and being super bummed out when Hank was killed, I don't remember ever getting that emotional over a tv show. Shit was nuts, and I'll for sure have an emptiness on Sunday nights that won't soon be filled.

Great ending to a great show...good to see a finite story finally come to a satisfying conclusion - it seemed like the writers went to great lengths to cross all the t's and dot all the i's. The only thing that I would've liked to have seen would have been for Walt to have some sort of opportunity to reconcile with his son, but that just wasn't going to happen at that point. It was especially good to see Walt tell Skylar where Hank was buried, but nothing beat Jessie choking the shit out of that Todd kid...i have to admit, as soon as the gunfire stopped, I was literally jumping up and down screaming "FUCKING GET HIM JESSIE, CHOKE HIS ASS OUT!". Between that and being super bummed out when Hank was killed, I don't remember ever getting that emotional over a tv show. Shit was nuts, and I'll for sure have an emptiness on Sunday nights that won't soon be filled.

Yeah it was pretty sad how Walt never got to give Flynn a proper goodbye. Their last conversation was on the phone in the principals office with Flynn repeating "i hate you, you killed uncle Hank".
I would have loved it if they had done a little epilogue at the end, like a little glimpse of everyone on 5 years later.

Yeah it was pretty sad how Walt never got to give Flynn a proper goodbye. Their last conversation was on the phone in the principals office with Flynn repeating "i hate you, you killed uncle Hank".
I would have loved it if they had done a little epilogue at the end, like a little glimpse of everyone on 5 years later.

Yea, but really...even if forensics from jack and his crew show that they pulled the trigger, Walt knew that his actions directly contributed to hank's death, so there wasn't going to be any forgiveness there. it still sucks they killed hank...after everything he went thru, and the fact that he was the only adult character who wasn't corrupted or immoral, and then he gets popped off in his moment of triumph. Life's a cold bitch in Vince Gilligan's world, lol

I'm sorry to say since I absolutely loved Dexter as a series (even the as you noted deteriorating final 2 - 3 seasons), but there's no painting lipstick on the pig that was that series finale - it was awful!!!!

Why that? What was so bad about it?

I really don't get it, I thought it was a fitting end to the character.
What else would you expect him to do in that situation, honestly?
And that scene before the very ending was just as badass as it can get :D

And I also thought that season 7&8 where better than season 3. that one was the most boring one by far for me.
Pacing felt a bit off in season 8, and it's a bit of a pitty they introduced so many new ones as final enemies, but hell, they did that all the time.

The Dexter finale was golden compared to the pile of shit they did at the season 3 finale of the walking dead anyway. so it could be worse :lol:

I'm also curious as to why people were so disappointed with the ending. I mean, like I said, I wasn't crazy about it either, but why would anyone expect anything better/different after everything that happened in the final season.

In my opinion, Dexter during the first 2 seasons was a brilliant show in the same league as breaking bad. From then on it was just a good show and towards the end started bordering on average with few exceptions. Still, I enjoyed watching each and every episode.

^ the first 3 seasons was based on books after that they made their own story. I read the first book not long ago and I really liked but almost every one think that the TV show is far superior. Well, I agree but the first book aproches something really interesting and the tv series didnt went that way.

I dont want to spoil this but in the book Dexter thinks that he might be Ice truck killer, so he is dealing with some degree of insanity. I thought that was a really cool idea in the book. I saw the first season long time ago and I dont remember anything like, also the story of the book its quite different.

Anyway I liked all the seasons but the season that Dexter kills Sgt Doakes it´s fantastic. Didnt like at first the idea of Dexter having a wife and a son but after a while its something that I got used to.

I didnt see yet the last season. But of course I will see it because it´s my favourite serie ever.

^ the first 3 seasons was based on books after that they made their own story. I read the first book not long ago and I really liked but almost every one think that the TV show is far superior. Well, I agree but the first book aproches something really interesting and the tv series didnt went that way.

I dont want to spoil this but in the book Dexter thinks that he might be Ice truck killer, so he is dealing with some degree of insanity. I thought that was a really cool idea in the book. I saw the first season long time ago and I dont remember anything like, also the story of the book its quite different.

Anyway I liked all the seasons but the season that Dexter kills Sgt Doakes it´s fantastic. Didnt like at first the idea of Dexter having a wife and a son but after a while its something that I got used to.

I didnt see yet the last season. But of course I will see it because it´s my favourite serie ever.

Dexter didn't kill Doakes. Anyways, Dexter season two is the best of the best.

I did actually like Dexter seasones 3 to 7, but I feel that half of each season is good and the other half is kinda boring, like season 4 with the trinity killer had a killer first half season, and the other half was kinda boring until the season last episode, which is the best episode of all. Last season was terrible, I actually suspected the ones who were gonna die, too predictable but the series ending was interesting, it's just that the last season was boring and without much tension in general.

Back to Breaking Bad, I watched the first season and the first half of the second one this week, it's cool and all but I find it veeery slow. The characters are likeable and the show feels different and it is interesting for sure, but there's really not much going on on each episode.

Yeah, I tried reading the first book a while back but I gave up on it pretty quickly. I thought it was badly written and boring.

If you dudes are looking for a similar but more psychologically thrilling show, check out the new series Hannibal. It's got the same "crime solver turned criminal" aspect of it but I find it to be a lot more compelling and I give a shit about the characters unlike in Dexter where I stopped caring after season 4.

If you dudes are looking for a similar but more psychologically thrilling show, check out the new series Hannibal. It's got the same "crime solver turned criminal" aspect of it but I find it to be a lot more compelling and I give a shit about the characters unlike in Dexter where I stopped caring after season 4.

Yeah, it was surprisingly good. It's much darker and relies heavily on atmosphere with extensive use of ambient soundtrack, which I really like. It's really promising and I agree maybe better than dexter's latest seasons, but on the other hand, so far, I don't think it's as good as the first two.

Back to Breaking Bad, I watched the first season and the first half of the second one this week, it's cool and all but I find it veeery slow. The characters are likeable and the show feels different and it is interesting for sure, but there's really not much going on on each episode.

It gets better. I'm up to episode 2 of season 3 atm. Crazy shit starts happening trust me.

Breaking bad definitely has its "slow" moments, be prepared for that, but I still enjoy them because the acting/writing/directing is top notch. But in general I wouldn't say it's "slow"...

I really never saw it as slow, although I've heard it criticized for that reason. But if you think it's slow, try watching an episode of The Wire :lol:

Me either, but I can understand why some people might think that, especially if they're used to the more mainstream fast paced shows.

And yeah, just thinking about "the wire" makes me sleepy :D

Me either, but I can understand why some people might think that, especially if they're used to the more mainstream fast paced shows.

And yeah, just thinking about "the wire" makes me sleepy :D

The Wire was slow, but I think the slowest show ever is The Killing. I sort of liked The Killing, but the biggest complaint I heard from many was the pacing of that show.

I don't have anything against slow, breaking bad always managed to build an atmosphere that way.

What I'd call slow are the useless parts and bits they threw into season 3 of walking dead. the wasted minutes of the final episode on season 3 showing nothing, and not adding anything to the atmosphere. Really felt like a waste of time.

In Breaking bad it always added something to get into the mood when they did that.

The Wire was slow, but I think the slowest show ever is The Killing. I sort of liked The Killing, but the biggest complaint I heard from many was the pacing of that show.

I don't know, I still think that "the wire" was slower and more of a chore to watch (with few exeptions).

What I'd call slow are the useless parts and bits they threw into season 3 of walking dead. the wasted minutes of the final episode on season 3 showing nothing, and not adding anything to the atmosphere. Really felt like a waste of time.

Yeah, that wasn't slow, that was just crap. Really bad writing.

I feel bad for Walt's Pontiac Aztec. :lol: Thing's been beaten more than anyone else on the show.