Brewing

Swedish Championships coming up this month, will be very interesting to hear the comments about my 3 beers I'm entering with

Didn't get my comments, they lost it...

Though I did win class "Porter and Stout" with my brown Porter, so Swedish Campion 2010, yay :)

This season I've brewed 5 beers so far:
Single hop ale with Tettnager, split in 2 in secondary, one normal, one spiced with red currants, white goosberry and rhubarbs
Single hop ale with Saaz, split in 2 in secondary, one normal, one spiced with loads of red currants and some rhubarbs
Bitter ale, more towards IPA than planned
Rye Stout
1770 style porter with oak

Last beer of the season on Sunday, will be a well spices Christmas ale (dates, raissins, nutmeg, Chorainder, seville orange peels, cinnamon and more)

We should just rename this Gnoff's thread. ;)
Congrats on the class win, man! Only thing new I've had recently is a fairly bland Latvian beer, Lacplesis. Can't particularly recommend it, though. :)

All 6 beers for this season brewed, first 3 are done, but haven't had a chance to try more than the first, will try them tomorrow according to plan.

the first was a very nice mild drinkable ale without the fruit, and like slight acidic summer lemanonade with the fruit.
6.7% ABV, dangerous stuff when it goes down so easily :D

Won a bronze last night at a home brew competition.
Third place out of 22 is OK, right?

Was with my Rye stout, yummy but nothing like a fist in the face, so I'm happy it did stand out enough among the others :)

Someone took a pic of my on Saturdays brew competition:

schnille_amylasevinter2010_2.jpg

And of my beer that he voted for as favourite, yay:

schnille_amylasevinter2010_5.jpg

Saturday 26 I brewed an English Ordinary Bitter, with a twist.
Put some more speciality malts into it, make it darker and hopefully a bit sweeter. Will transfer it into secondary fermentation tonight. I hope it will be a tasty but very low alcohol beer, going for somewhere around 2.5 to 2.8% ABV. A beer you can drink a few of on a week day without worry. Think low alcohol Brittish pub beer.

Also tonight I'll put my two Göteborgsporter on bottle, I split that one in secondary leaving one as is and flavoring the other one with sloe. It hadn't fermented as long as I'd hoped though, which could be a serious problem when putting on bottles. If they keep fermenting on bottles with the added sugar as well as the residual sugars, they could turn into very dangerous bottle grenades...
If I don't come back on the forum, you'll kow what happened, hopefully I died happy ;)

Tomorrow I'll brew a copy of a beer I made last year, called Stoutish Bastard. I pretty much took some stuff of the malt and hops I had left and made a stout out of it. Gave a bottle to a friend and she got very happy about it and she's now talked me into brewing a copy so she can have a case of it to bring home. I don't like to make the same beer twice, but I do it every now and then.