Bush & Caggino will be back

Mr.s8n said:
I have to disagree with you spacebeer. This is the only place I know where people like Joey. I don't have one bro or personally know one person that is happy with this, or liked the reunion show... And yes, my bros and I all saw Anthrax w/Joey back in the 80's (we're all in our 30s). He sucked then and still does, and who cares what the press says. Just my 2 cents.
I've been through the whole Joey vs John on KNAC.com as well as here and know people have posted there that they prefer Joey.

Personally I like John better but IMHO Joey didn't suck and yes I saw them in 80s too.

I saw Anthrax 2 times with Joey and 5 with John. The 2 times with Joey, they were opening up for Maiden. The shows were cool, I had a good time! The first time I heard SOWN, I became a fan. Then I saw them for the first time with John at the Verdun Auditorium in Montreal. The show was a co headline with White Zombie, it was intense! I've never seen insanity like that ever science. Stage diving everywhere. The crowed was so rowdy that we broke through the barricades and fucked up the pa system. Anthrax has to stop the show for about 20 min to fix the pa. What a sick night!

As someone who has seen both line-ups, I can honestly say that Bush is the better singer & performer. I love the old stuff, but with John singing. He takes Anthrax to another level of brutality that was missing in the early days.

I don't visit here often and post less. I don't care about being labelled a hardcore fan or being old-school. I don't have a huge emotional investment in the band like many 'hardcore' and 'old-school' fans. I just love music, different styles and different bands, and like a lot of Anthrax's work.

I've seen Anthrax twice, both times with Bush. Two great, great shows especially the one with Bello. A month ago Anthrax toured my home town with the reunion lineup. I couldn't stomach paying $60 to see an Anthrax show without John (and Rob). For perspective $60 is my weekly grocery budget. If John and Rob were playing I would've been there at the front of the pit. It simply would have been a better show with a better and more balanced set list. I ain't shelling out my hard-earned for an inferior show.

Joey is the past and John is the future. In my opinion pushing John and Rob to the side, either temporarily or permanently is a massive mistake. A followup to WHCFYA with John and Rob would be an instant-buy for me and I've been hanging out for it for two years now. As someone else said, money talks and bullshit walks.

Did this board really need another thread like this? Why can't you people just accept that there are always going to be fans of both eras? The only band who was ever unquestionably better (despite opinions) before they changed members was Metallica, because they had a God on bass. No offense to Newstead :)

dalailamer said:
A followup to WHCFYA with John and Rob would be an instant-buy for me and I've been hanging out for it for two years now. As someone else said, money talks and bullshit walks.
We (the ones who didn't give up on Anthrax 13 years ago) know what you're saying.

ThraxDude said:
We (the ones who didn't give up on Anthrax 13 years ago) know what you're saying.
Word! Ya Boy!!!! Oh gee, I thought I was back in 87 there for a moment!
All joking aside, I'm with you guys. A follow up would have been killer. The momentum that was built up is now lost!

Bush era ANTHRAX as well as Joey era has nothing to do with True metal....

althugh if you would use such a term Joey era comes a helluva lot closer, since after 93 they played a sort of neo modern groove grunge metal.....

for fuck´s sake, Spacey, what´s the "true metal" to you? Hammerfall? :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I´ve been thinking about this-Anthrax have made some pretty illogical steps recently. I mean, it was totally out of logic to do a hundred step backwards after such a killer period of WCFYA, MOMD and TGOTE-yet they did it. Now it occurs to me extremely out of logic to get Bush back again someday. But...who knows.

You know what I think (or do ya even give a shit?) about this whole deal? I think its been beat to death. Time to shut the fuck up and be grateful! You dig Joey? Great good for you...enjoy this new time in the sun. You dig John? Fanfuckintastic! Be happy that they gave us so much great music and keep your cd player full of those Cd's. Hell go back and buy the Saint releases you dont have. Bands come and bands go. Bands even change and yes sometimes even change back. So fucking what? Quit bitchin and crank up YOUR Anthrax! John said something on the MOMD DVD that we all should listen to again. Something like this..u into new school? u into old school? How many dont give a fuck?" Me? I aint even gonna state my opinion on the John/Joey thing because hell it just doesnt matter! Gimme All the Anthrax I can stand! Its been a hell of a ride and lets just hope it doesnt end any time soon :headbang:

johnnieCzech said:
for fuck´s sake, Spacey, what´s the "true metal" to you? Hammerfall? :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I´ve been thinking about this-Anthrax have made some pretty illogical steps recently. I mean, it was totally out of logic to do a hundred step backwards after such a killer period of WCFYA, MOMD and TGOTE-yet they did it. Now it occurs to me extremely out of logic to get Bush back again someday. But...who knows.

For me it's 1000 steps forward! who cares some people here all state their opinions as being facts I hate that and it upsets me that is why I feel compelled to reply time after time!

This is really the ONLY place in the net where the reunion gets bashed so hard....

BTW hammerfall sucks! And believe me I know my metal well enough....I don;t have stashes of MP3's on my PC nor am I a casual listener I have tons and tons of metal in house, all original pressings...I sometimes get annoyed with teh lack of knowledge some people think metal started witrh Metallica's "black album"

You know what. All those years Anthrax was with John all I heard was Anthrax sucks now, John sucks, There not metal anymore etc..... Now we have Joey back and everyone sayn Worst mistake, Joey sucks, that sound is so outdated etc..... Well where the fuck were you guys when Anthrax was giving 110% from 93 to 05!!!! I was here and all the board members. Why the low album sales and low show attendance???? If John was so great where were you??? I loved John era Thrax and I love Joey's too. I'm supporting the band no matter what! Joey, John or even Neil!!!...well maybe not.

I was thinking today maybe Anthrax should hire Milano to sing for them, that way we can all stop bitching about this. We could get S.O.D and Anthrax at the same time. Fuck Joey! Fuck John! Fuck S.O.D! Hire Billy! All problems solved for both bands. Just a thought.... :puke: