Can someone tell me ONCE AND FOR ALL...

Black Tears

Still in the Dark
Sep 27, 2003
Naples
why in the world anders has sang so god damned squeaky and annoying on the last 3 albums (clayman, r2r, trigger)

anders has never been my fav. vocalist.... he sounded silly on TJR and Whoracle, he peaked with Colony and now he does sound kinda silly again, but it just doesn't bother me. His clean vocals done in the way of chorus of Watch them Feed sound pretty good though.

the chorus from watch them feed was good...and i disagree i think the vocals on whoracle are good...i wish he'd sing like that again...sometimes on r2r the squeaking is so bad i just have to turn it off

Clayman's vox ain't THAT high-pitched, though.

Want a change? Listen to Symbolic, and then TSOP, or Undeceived, and then Synergy.

i dont like sinergy, mainly because of the female vox, i may sound closed minded but i dont like female singers in hardcore genres

Ummm...I meant the album Synergy by Extol.

Sorry about the mix-up. I should have specified.

I meant to show that Death and Extol both have had much more drastic changes in vocal style between albums.

ok guys and girls lets look at the differences between the albums.......in a sense...
you guys have noticed the change in music style from death metal to a "heavy" metal scene... i believe the guys are moving towards more of a "happier" style of music... cause to me i've noticed that the older albums have more of a darker feeling to the songs... as the albums progressed, the darkness started turning lighter... making the mood a little bit more happier and fans are more into the songs...

another thing is that the songs are more "energetic" and more feelings for the fans to participate by singing... jumping up and down and so on...

one last thing is everyone knows that Clayman is about Anders personal life... as he just got out of a bad relationship when they were writing the album... so Clayman was his feelings on the relationship, and what he felt like before and after the break up

now Reroute to Remain was a change from what Clayman and colony, and so on... R2R is more of a happier album... now Anders is in a happy relationship... and when your happy and having fun its hard to write sad and "depressing" songs...

So i predict, SYE will be an even more "happier" feeling but faster, and probably heavier... and that there will be short semi-complex solos, nothing really special... and it will probably be catchy, but not weak like R2R... there will probably be the semi-clean vocals... the hi-pitch screams and maybe some lower screams...

Now this thread about Anders's voice... Anders can still growl if he wanted to... he does a little bit in a couple of the summer breeze live songs... only for brief seconds of course... anyways... he probably changed it to fit the music... now tell me... would the vocals say from TJR fit a song like Cloud Connected? I dont think so... it would kinda sound dumb... all anders is doing is fitting the vocals to the music... and actually I like it... you can still hear him growl..........on TJR and whorcle... if you want to hear him growl then listen to those albums