Catchiness, accessibility, and popularity in metal.

I get Devoured Death stuck in my head all the time.

I was about to make the exact same post. However, that's probably the only song on Onward To Golgotha I'd consider catchy.

@ ohiogrinder: Early grindcore (especially Terrorizer) is some of the catchiest music ever created. You simply can't deny the catchyness of songs like Enslaved By Propaganda and Fear Of Napalm.

Anyway, all I'm saying is that I don't have time to listen to 5-10 songs of every popular band that comes along, most of the time I can safely assume I won't care for it. Sure, in a perfect world we'd all have time to listen to every band, but in reality we only have a certain amount of hours in a day. Something's gotta give, and I find cutting new bands with idiot fans works well for me.

the problem is that you're ignoring bands with absolutely no common traits shared outside of popularity. This is the epitome of elitist faggotry. I don't pay much attention to metalcore because I have listened to plenty of metalcore and 99% of it sucks. Ditto with Nu metal. But you're ignoring bands based on nothing more than it's popularity/image, this is ignorant and close minded IMO.

Opeth's okay. They're not as bad as everyone gives them shit for, but certainly not as good as everyone blowing them claims them to be.

As for Agalloch, well, I really like them. But i'm sure people have heard enough about them already, so i'll leave it as that.