Character leaked

In Flames: Melodic Death Metal ----> New Metal
Dark Tranquillity: Melodic Death Metal ----> Death Metal

I wouldn't have preordered this album if I didn't have the chance to listen to promos.

Lost To Apathy said:
@Cortexon: what do you mean, DT has progressed to death? but its still melodic.. ? :loco:

I belive he's saying that in flames defenition of Melodic Death Metal is more towards new metal while dt's is more towards death metal

Cortexon said:
II wouldn't have preordered this album if I didn't have the chance to listen to promos.

hm thats a true word but anyway, a question to you:

did this happend to you:

you bought cds blind, no first hearing in the record shop, no mp3 listening, just because of reading a review or an interview of this band or album?
I must say some of my blind bought cds are one of the best I ever had
fall of the leafe-fermina
all of my in the woods...-albums
porcupine tree-in absentia
lengsel-solace
amorphis-tales from the 1000 lakes

but its easier to listen first and then buy it, to avoid buying crap

Solefald: I wouldn't wanna buy a cd blind.. Way to much crap in my ears under the metal category..

Don: hehe thanks :)

Yea what Sedrik said is true as well. But whal I actually wanted to say is that In Flames converted from Melodic Death to New Metal since "reroute to remain" and DT almost converted to original Death Metal with "Character".

There are even less clean and slow parts in Character than in Damage Done (almost none). Mikaels shoutings turned into mature growls. What I mean are for example the seconds of Lost to Apathy, where Mikael growls "Empty, fragile (?), weak!".

In other words: Character has exactly the elements I always wanted but still used a bit too rarely to compare with Edge Of Sanity (my fav. band :D). I could imagine DT will start to earn the respect of many uncommercial death metal legends.

On the other side In Flames will neverever be taken serious again.

Sorry for bad english, I'm not a native speaker.

solefald said:
you bought cds blind, no first hearing in the record shop, no mp3 listening, just because of reading a review or an interview of this band or album?

Very rarely.
I usually hear at least 50% of the album to make my decision. As long as humans are individual, no review can ever guarantee that you get what you want. If I like what I hear I'll order it, if not I'll delete it at once.

Nay Xzar! *smacks xzar in the face with wooden mallet for slapping cortexon in the face with a sledgehammer* In Flames deserve all they get, both good and bad :lol:! *ducks while stones are thrown in my direction*

nothing wrong with in flames.. I like the reroute to remain album but as you all know my music range is wide ^^

as usual, i would buy a dark tranquillity album without hesitation, but i still downloaded it for a listen, cos im an impatient person.

all i got to say is.. F*$^@^$K YEAH!

this rocks.. now i wish i just had a car to crank this up in and cruise around, promoting this awesome stuff.

still the kings .. \m/

@erik: :lol: @ the ice cream.

i listened to character and i will buy it as soon as it comes out. my general opinion is:

- very good album, built to last if i may. i don't think it's something that grows boring after a few listens.

- favorite song so far: dry run.

- it's very cerebral, sounds very technical and well executed. the downside is that i can't relate to it as immediately as i do with some other DT records. there are neither the baroque, very atmospheric keyboards that were on haven (still my favorite DT record) nor the grand riffs of songs such as tidal tantrum, except on lost to apathy. of course, i might just need to grow up a bit, and stop liking only music that's easy to get. :p

@hyena: See that's what I love about the new album. It grows on you with every listen. The songs are deep and beautifully structured. Just as you said, this one will keep you interested for a LONG while! The more you invest in it the more you get out of it :)!

5thSeason said:
does anyone know if there is gonna be a japanese edition (or any version) with bonus tracks? Ill have to get both if thats the case =)
i think we have a "most probably not" as answer to that question somewhere around here. i just can't be bothered to find it at the moment...

MorbidEnemy said:
I'm sad to hear the album leaked :(
but at least you all know how much this album kicks ass now!!!
[comic book guy]Best dt album EVER!![/comic book guy]

That is a BOLD statement! However, after spending about 24 hours with the album my initial reaction is "Hell yeah this is the best DT album ever!"
:headbang:

New Question for EVERYONE!!

Q. What is your favorite song on Character???