chat, feelings, and random discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although this raises an interesting question, Think about nerdy bastard forum users who compete for a high post count... It happens (especially on power metal forums *cough* Dragonforce *cough*)... by just posting absolute shite and being conversational and posting like twice a mintue all night about nothing etc... It's nearly always guys right? so is it like an alpha male dominance thing? The only time I've seen girls doing it is when someone not very well versed in the way a forum works gets roped into flirting with one of the post count whore men... Then they're posting more to look as if they're with the in crowd on the forum, when they don't realise they're just giving some pre adolescent goon with no friends something to spaff over [/rant]

You should see what it's like on forums where you need a high postcount to be able to do stuff. Like you can create new threads only if you have 100+ posts, you can have an avatar only if you have 500+ posts, you can add attachments only if you have 1000+ posts, etc.

Luckily, I don't visit such forums anymore.

-Villain

Well, I'm Bergen right now, going to Italy tomorrow (Hyena I sent ye a PM, what de ye think?).

Though I don't know if I'll stay long, because my grandpa is now really, really sick, basically he's going to die really soon, so I just sent my dad a PM telling him that I can't be in Europe like this, and that I wanted to go to Canada right now.

I'm really depressed, it's terrible because I don't have anyone I can cry with... .

Need ye hon.

Well, I'm Bergen right now, going to Italy tomorrow (Hyena I sent ye a PM, what de ye think?).

Though I don't know if I'll stay long, because my grandpa is now really, really sick, basically he's going to die really soon, so I just sent my dad a PM telling him that I can't be in Europe like this, and that I wanted to go to Canada right now.

I'm really depressed, it's terrible because I don't have anyone I can cry with... .

Need ye hon.

My thoughts are with you LBRH, hope everything will be ok! And hope you enjoyed your trip in Europe! I can't wait to see those places...
90% of chances that I'll be in Stockholm next November! :loco: Feeling pretty excited about this... let's see what happens!

@danny: i had no internet in the past few days, will check your pm and respond now. i'm not in rome tho.

nf: i had the horriblest week in a while. painful and draining. in the cold light of day, i am now able to fathom what happened - i met satan in the flesh, and didn't recognize him.

thank you for the offer of support. my head is still reeling, but i'm coming down now. when i get home and have stable internet, will tell. anyway, nobody got hurt - it was just scary. i normally get involved with people who turn out to be shallow bastards, not bona fide evil.

I know this isn't much relevant but I've noticed in the Live Damage booklet that there's somesort of typo.
The Sun Fired Blanks
Music by: Martin Henriksson, Niklas Sundin, Fredrik Johansson
Lyrics by: Mikael Stanne
[from ''Projector'' CD 1999 -- Century Media Records / Magic Arts Publishing]
Johansson left Dark Tranquillity after The Mind's I, so how could he the one who wrote the music in it?

I know this isn't much relevant but I've noticed in the Live Damage booklet that there's somesort of typo.

Johansson left Dark Tranquillity after The Mind's I, so how could he the one who wrote the music in it?

Did you ever check the line-up for "Projector"? Do you ever check anything before saying anything?

Sorry mate but on Projector the line-up is:

Martin Henriksson: Bass
Fredrik Johansson: Guitars
Niklas Sundin: Guitars
Mikael Stanne: Vocals
Anders Jivarp: Drums

Yep, Johansson left after Proj and then Niklasson and Brandtrom joined in for the making of Haven.
I'm not 100% sure, but i remember something in the effect of: decision being made before Projector, but Johansson still helping out with the recordings. I don't remember where i read it though.
Villain, anyone?

Johansson participated on the songwriting and recording of Projector in 1998, but left the band (on mutual understanding, as far as I know) before the album was released in 1999 (the delay was largely due to the label-change from Osmose to CM). Brändström and Nicklasson joined the band to participate on the Projector-tour, but the first album they appeared on was Haven.

Johansson co-wrote three songs on Projector (To a Bitter Halt, The Sun Fired Blanks, On Your Time), four if you count Exposure.

-Villain

Status
Not open for further replies.