chat, feelings, and random discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know how demoralizing failing stuff like that can be. Nearly failed out of school my sophmore year. Hung in by a miracle, and the fact that they took pity on me because a friend of mine had died right before my finals.

So just don't let it get you down. Just look at it as areas to improve on. I learned it the hard way.

~kov.

Now you said that Johansson left after Projector, and Niklasson and Brandstrom joined for Haven. However, when I saw ''ThereIn'' video, I can see Niklasson and Brandstrom. I know the video isn't much clear and you can't distinguish between Johansson and Niklasson because they are both bold but I saw some keyboards, I'm quite sure.

Yes, as Villain said, Brandstrom and Niklasson were in the band at the time of making the ThereIn video but didn't contribute to the writing of the album. Johansson contributed to writing Projector but officially left the line-up after The Mind's I.

So what was the question about In Flames? ;)
Thanks for asking :) Well, the line-up in In Flames is pretty comfusing and I want to check.

Mikael Stanne did vocals on Lunar Strain to help the band as he was with Dark Tranquillity playing rythem guitar. Jocke Gotberg only did some demos before Subterannean (Dead Eternity for example). Henke Forss did vocals on Subterannean then Anders left Dark Tranquillity and joined In Flames from The Jester Race till present.

On guitars were Jesper and Glenn but Glenn left in 1997, therefore Bjorn changed from drums to guitars; his original instrument.

Regarding the bass guitar, it's been Johan from the beginning but when he left in 1997, Peter joined.

However, that's the thing that I'm not certain of, who did drums on Lunar Strain and Subterannean? (Note than Bjorn joined in 1995; The Jester Race). I know that Anders Jivarp did drums on two tracks from Subterannean; Biosphere and Subterannean, and the rest?

According to WikiPedia, in 1993/1994 there were three guitarists; Martin Mathisen, Carl Näslund, and Anders Iwers (Peter's brother), never really heard of them before. In addition, it's written that Daniel Erlandsson (At The Gates) was with In Flames in 1995. Is this true? I never heard of this either. I didn't find anything in In Flames official website regarding these 4 members.

Please correct me if I wrote anything wrong because I'm not sure. Any other information is welcome :)

Oh, i thought you had mistyped 'In Flames' instead of DT. :p

All i know is that Mikael did vox on Lunar Strain and that Niklas wrote (or translated into English) all their decent lyrics. :p Hope someone else can help you more.

I had gynecolo...genealog... or something like that tree of IF history, but I can't find it anywhere now, it shows pretty much everything which was going on with IF.

Mind though, that there's a legend that Lunar Strain was written in one night, Anders got record deal over the phone being wastedly drunk (he confirmed that himself during one of the chats with fans) :D, and if you want to speak about in flames' albums, LS is #1 only technically, since everything before The Jester Race was done with so called "session members", I might even say it was a project before TJR came out. I can't find any good explanation with all that line-up changes thing.

and if you want to speak about in flames' albums, LS is #1 only technically, since everything before The Jester Race was done with so called "session members"
Every In Flames album had a couple of session members - not just Lunar Strain:
* Christopher Amott (1999 Clayman, Suburban Me solo)
* Lisa Miskovsky (2006 Come Clarity, vocals on Dead End)
* Fredrik Johansson (1995 The Jester Race, lead guitar on December Flower)
* Oscar Dronjak (1995 The Jester Race, vocal appearance on Dead Eternity. 1994 Lunar Strain, vocal appearance on Lunar Strain. 1994 Subterranean, vocal appearance on Stand Ablaze)
* Kee Marshello (1999 Colony, second solo on Coerced Coexistence)
* Ulrika Netterdahl (1997 Whoracle, vocals on Whoracle)
* Ylva Wåhlstedt (1994 Lunar Strain, all violens and viola on the whole album)
* Jennica Johansson (1994 Lunar Strain, vocal appearance on Lunar Strain)
* Anders Jivarp (1994 Subterranean, drums on Subterranean and Biosphere)
* Maria Gauffin (2002 Reroute To Remain, vocal appearance on Metaphor)
* Fiol-Olof (2002 Reroute to Remain, violen on Metaphor)

In some interviews there were references to earlier line-ups as "session members", not meaning just guest artists on the albums.

In some interviews there were references to earlier line-ups as "session members", not meaning just guest artists on the albums.
No I'm quite sure that the above are only session members. However, there has been other members like you meant such as Daniel Erlandsson (At The Gates), Carl Naslund, Anders Iwers (Tiamat), and Martin Mathisen, and Niklas Engelin (after Whoracle) who joined the band. Those members only joined for a small period of time then left.

No I'm quite sure that the above are only session members. However, there has been other members like you meant such as Daniel Erlandsson (At The Gates), Carl Naslund, Anders Iwers (Tiamat), and Martin Mathisen, and Niklas Engelin (after Whoracle) who joined the band. Those members only joined for a small period of time then left.

Yep, that exactly what was referred to as "...like, session members". Others are just guest artists - I see vast difference, since session member means a band member for some time, not just contributing to a song... but I guess you can use the term both ways, I just prefer to differ more or less temporary band members with guest artists.

Yes I know what you're saying. I mean, according to In Flames, Anders Jivarp was with In Flames back in 1994/1995 but he only did two songs on Subterannean therefore he's considered as a session member...

Is there any In Flames master on this forum? :p Villain? Anyone?

I know how demoralizing failing stuff like that can be. Nearly failed out of school my sophmore year. Hung in by a miracle, and the fact that they took pity on me because a friend of mine had died right before my finals.
~kov.

:( wow!

So just don't let it get you down. Just look at it as areas to improve on. I learned it the hard way.

They made the correction od the exam when they annouced the results, so now i know what i did wrong, and how i can do better for the next time.
Still have a nwe physics report to finish for tommorow :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.