chat, feelings, and random discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LBRH: Death is a neccesity of life. Try not to think that he's gone now, and try to remember the difference he made during the time he lived. He'll always be alive in that time, and will always be living out the memories I'm sure you cherrish.

@Tal: wicked cool spaceship man :p!! Nah just kidding hehe. Looks rather complex. I'm sure you'll be graded high for that.

It is a hydraulic motor :p Oil is pumped in from either of 2 sides which makes the piston in the middle move. There is a piece that keeps the piston from spinning, so instead, the hollow shaft it moves in is spinning. This spin can be picked up with the cone and the screw thread on the far left, which is why we built the whole thing :p
Here is an overview.

It's amazing how much I learned just by doing this one project. There should be more projects like this. The identification with the material is so different from what you see during lectures.. it's a different approach, it's really cool :)

It is a hydraulic motor :p Oil is pumped in from either of 2 sides which makes the piston in the middle move. There is a piece that keeps the piston from spinning, so instead, the hollow shaft it moves in is spinning. This spin can be picked up with the cone and the screw thread on the far left, which is why we built the whole thing :p
Here is an overview.

It's amazing how much I learned just by doing this one project. There should be more projects like this. The identification with the material is so different from what you see during lectures.. it's a different approach, it's really cool :)

The one thing I always loved about engineering was actually getting my hands on the stuff and making things. Theory has no effect on me until I can see how it works. (Yeah, I know that theory is how it works, but that don't matter to my brain.)

~kov.

Yes I know what you're saying. I mean, according to In Flames, Anders Jivarp was with In Flames back in 1994/1995 but he only did two songs on Subterannean therefore he's considered as a session member...

Is there any In Flames master on this forum? :p Villain? Anyone?

Jesper Strömblad himself played the drums on Lunar Strain and Daniel Erlandsson played on the other two songs on Subterranean.

As for the ThereIn-video, it was done long after Projector had been recorded (note how it is included on Haven, not on Projector). Johansson played on ThereIn, but had left the band before the video was made.

And sorry for the delay with the reply, I've been busy.

-Villain

Reactions: stardrowned
Hi!

After being like 28 hours on different trains due to a mistake of a french (spanish?) guy (I got into the wrong train... and had no money, for anything. And I have diabtes hehe o_O :cry: ), I am finally at Madrid andd have a little bit of spare time.

Thanks a lot, everyone (I'll put every name when I'm back home, which is in a week, shit can't wait!!!), I really apprecciate your support.

Right now I don't really know how I feel, I guess I'm kinda ina denial sate or soemthing. Anyway, I'll read the poem Erlkonig when everbody will honour him. I made a promise to him that I'd do it (he asked me to :cry: ), so I can't fail hehehe o_O :cry: .

Anyway, I'm alive and "well", see ya! :headbang:

PS; Going to Therion, Grave Digger and Sabbaton tomorrow!!! :headbang: o_O :worship: :kickass: :headbang:

Anyway, I'll read the poem Erlkonig when everbody will honour him. I made a promise to him that I'd do it (he asked me to :cry: ), so I can't fail hehehe o_O :cry: .

i remeber i had to read a poem i composed myself at the funeral of my grandmother. The dumb priest made me read it just next to the coffin, which made it even harder. I never came to the end of it because i started to cry. My other grandmother had to come and take me out of the church... :cry:

if you cant read all the poem, it is not a problem. At least in that case you can say that you tried. Good luck for the reading, and be strong :)
And as i believe KC said, as long as the memories are alive, your grandfather will still be alive somewhere in you.

nf: sea change or mood swing?
i am completely sober; nevertheless, i am thinking that i might want to try the down-to-earth, nice and funny guy next door (no, there's no specific guy fitting the description, my next door neighbor is an old lady, but you get my drift).
i have to be careful with that because it's probably just post-traumatic stress and i don't want to take anyone for a ride just because i'm depressed.
it's funny how one should fall victim to aesthetics before and to ethics after.
but rahvin had a point in a recent email - second best might be the key to success. if only i didn't have a deeply ingrained aversion to the mindless exploitation of people who may love me, that is.

Jesper Strömblad himself played the drums on Lunar Strain and Daniel Erlandsson played on the other two songs on Subterranean.
Jesper plays drums? :OMG: Daniel is Adrian's brother from At The Gates?

As for the ThereIn-video, it was done long after Projector had been recorded (note how it is included on Haven, not on Projector). Johansson played on ThereIn, but had left the band before the video was made.

And sorry for the delay with the reply, I've been busy.
It's ok, take your time :) Cheers!

I had a few ideas pitched at me Friday night while going to the party during an hour-long drive. Me not being able stop thinking about them drives me to actually doing something about it.

Oh, this ultimate "know-how" :heh:

<- Is intrigued.

I'm fuckin tired again. I love goin up to Boston on the weekends, but it's so draining. The travelling, I mean.

I'd like to think things will be easier once I move up there. Who really knows, though.

Thinking of getting a laptop sometime this summer. That or getting my fiancee a new desktop. Starting to look into stuff now... probably gonna go for something that plays WoW really well if I get the laptop... otherwise gonna go for sheer processing power for her desktop, to run all of her crazy SolidWorks: CosmoWorks, and shit.

~kov.

Status
Not open for further replies.