chat, feelings, and random discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, because my 'mat sci lab' course was an absolute joke :). Not a reflection on yours necessarily being harder than a US course, but just my specific university. It was a free school, so of course there wasn't much money for crazy-expensive good testing equipment and such, or samples, especially as it was relatively new.

I shit you not, we had electricity testing devices that date back to the mid-1800's. IN USE. (Of course, not in a 'hey, this is what you'll use in the outside world' sense, but still, we used them.)

~kov.

@Tal: Good luck with all that stuff, man. I am really glad this is over for me. But as I earn my living doing the job I studied for, the hard work pays back. Im sure youll be well off with engineering once you finish the uni.

As for my misunderstanding you - you know Id never pick on you just for the sake of it. I am quite sensitive in general, but especially when it comes to generalisations like that. I know youre reasonable enough to understand that and wont like me more or less after***ds. Youd do the same if Id write anything that would irritate you, and thats perfectly ok with me.

I'm more bothered by the word war being blanked out at times than with anything else that's happened since yesterday. :p

I also completely missed when the issue of moderation was ever raised.

Ok, now why does war only get censored some of the time, and not always? It's really starting to mess with my head. It's not as though it was only censored for a specific period of time, either, because it's still happening.

~kov.

let's try to see whether there is a rule aside from manual edits :p

war
warrior
metal warrior
manowar (can you see a theme?)
wart
thwart
toward
untoward
warden
warp
warped tour
warner bros
gwar
warning
aware
unaware
awareness
warm
warming
warmonger
pro-war
anti-war
stalwart

war
warrior
metal warrior
manowar (can you see a theme?)
wart
thwart
toward
untoward
warden
warp
warped tour
warner bros
gwar
warning
aware
unaware
awareness
warm
warming
warmonger
pro-war
anti-war
stalwart

It works!

Taliesin and i just came back from a little walk! it snowed a lot here, we even had a snow balls fight!
It was relaxing to walk at night, with the snow all over the place, i like the feeling, when all is quiet like that. a pity it doesnt snow more often here.
Now we will drink tea.

I want to go snowboarding...

... I do apologize DS, but at first read, I missed the descriptor 'snow' in your fight. It made me very worried for Taliesin if you were fighting with them. :p

But glad you had some good snow. We've had really shitty snow. Like the crap that lasts a day and just gets everything all slushy.

~kov.

Pretty cold and snowy here too ! I'm not worried, it'll get slushy here too next month, argh I hate it! Can't wait 'til Spring!!!

i ordered a computer a week ago, but the online store sent me the wrong graphic card (they send me some old crappy model instead). I had to send it back, and ask for refund. I ordered something esle in an other online store, and it should arrive today... hope the snow isnt going to disturb the transport :p

Status
Not open for further replies.