chat, feelings, and random discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A shooting happened this afternoon in a college in Montreal today.
My cousin was there, with her boyfriend...
Im crying, watching the news... I can't believe it.

My cousin is ok, and his bf too. Friends of heer/him got shot, and one girl died. They know her. I'm watching images and this is my town, my places where I use to go. I'm shocked. woah...

They don't know why it happened yet. The guy had a big black trench coat with tatoos and piercings and long black hair...
Maybe he liked Norwegian Black Metal :p lol

Anyway... shit happens. But this kind of shit don't have to happen, mofo!

I have to go to school tomorrow morning, near this place... I am afraid...

Yes, it doesn't, but there are always sick people like that who don't care for other people's life.
I can't or will ever be able to get it really.
I know I would be too on your place, but try not to think about it, as much as you can.
Anyway, I'm glad nobody close to you died.

KitKat said:
A shooting happened this afternoon in a college in Montreal today.
My cousin was there, with her boyfriend...
Im crying, watching the news... I can't believe it.

It was senseless. I couldn't think of a single thing why should those people suffer for some lunatic's absurd reasoning, if there was any reasoning at all. Was it human nature? Life is ironical, and maybe it has no other meaning than to laugh at its irony. Violences breeds violence brings everything we have, pretty isn't it? And a little step into nihilism. What's all this about? Nothing holds up on a grand scale. Anything not egocentric is doomed to devalue itself, anything is will bring destruction to others. It's a strange and vicious circle indeed.

Such a thing should never have come to be, such a human thing.

Sorry my fellow Montreal-er, but I'm too shocked to answer to your really interesting thoughts, except from saying that I agree.
I'll read more carefully tomorro, when my head will be calm and quiet.
I can't find sleep...

6 Stringed Fingers said:
It was senseless. I couldn't think of a single thing why should those people suffer for some lunatic's absurd reasoning, if there was any reasoning at all.

How do you know that the people he shot weren't assholes and deserved it? They might have been bagging on him for months??? Who knows
People every where die every day.. get used to it...

UNDO- Hahaha sorry I forgot. I guess this is more of a substantial band though... They're signed and everything :) Was hoping for a little discussion on them. Now that I think about it though, I don't even remember what the Check out this band thread is for. Oh well, tired I am. Good night :)

blindfred said:
How do you know that the people he shot weren't assholes and deserved it? They might have been bagging on him for months??? Who knows

Get used to what? The senseless dying everywhere and about? You don't get used to that, you didn't even tried to justify it, you simply turn a cold heart to the dead. And maybe you're right, the only way to survive is to think about no one else but yourself and yourself. I'm not saying who's responsible for this incident, or who's to blame. Because there are no answers to be found. It just happened. It's a tragedy, blind suffering where everyone gets under the wrong end of the whip. This is a environment where everything depends on luck, as much logical as you want to be. Everything is going just fine until the day when you receive a sucking hole in your chest. What have they done wrong to deserve a gunner in the cafeteria shooting up random people? I doubt everyone who gathered there were assholes, since some of them are my friends too. And what about the one behind the trigger? What made him behave the way he did? What drove him into shooting people he doesn't even know? I don't think we'll ever find a logical reason for it all. And when you think further, the same violence that cause so much pain brought us everything we have. The highest technologies are first used for war. Sure, nature is violent. Mother nature is a bitch, and so are we. Everything we love comes from what we loathe. And in the end all you can do is laugh at the "what the fuck" you just muttered to yourself.

But of course, everything is beautiful when you're not thinking but for yourself.

I feel like shit. We had a discussion last night concerning our marriage, and how its getting kind of sour. It started all well, we were supposed to make love, but then all of a sudden it turned to that. It wasnt really a bad thing, because bed is always the best place to discuss these things, but we have been having these from time to time since we became a couple, and it doesnt seem to have made any difference. Thank God for the bank holiday tomorrow, we really have to get the fuck out of this place and get some fresh air.

6SF said:
Life is ironical, and maybe it has no other meaning than to laugh at its irony.
6SF said:
And in the end all you can do is laugh at the "what the fuck" you just muttered to yourself.
If i believed in a god, i'd say that he's a comedian with an audience that's too scared to laugh.

blindfred said:
It's kind of hard when you knew the people who died or when it happens really close to you (i.e. in the city you live in). Everybody knows they'll die one day, but nobody thinks that day will come soon. It's shocking when one day you're not even thinking about death and the next day out of the blue you've got a dead person and several wounded people very near. I don't know what must be going on inside Kat's head or inside 6SF's head because i've never been in a situation like that (i.e. scared to go to school because i might get killed), but i think i understand part of what they're going through. And i'd give them some advice, but Rincewind seems to have taken care of that rather effectively. ;)

Z said:
UNDO- Hahaha sorry I forgot. I guess this is more of a substantial band though... They're signed and everything :) Was hoping for a little discussion on them. Now that I think about it though, I don't even remember what the Check out this band thread is for. Oh well, tired I am. Good night :)
I might check them out tomorrow, if i'm less lazy than today. :)

marduk said:
I feel like shit. We had a discussion last night concerning our marriage, and how its getting kind of sour. It started all well, we were supposed to make love, but then all of a sudden it turned to that. It wasnt really a bad thing, because bed is always the best place to discuss these things, but we have been having these from time to time since we became a couple, and it doesnt seem to have made any difference. Thank God for the bank holiday tomorrow, we really have to get the fuck out of this place and get some fresh air.
The moment you can identify yourself with the first couple of verses of Pink Floyd's One of my turns

Day after day our love turns grey
Like the skin of a dying man
And night after night we pretend it's alright
But i have grown older
And you have grown colder
And nothing is very much fun anymore
you know it's time to change something. Buy her a little something, take her to the movies or to a nice place out of the city, tell her that you love her when she least expects it, kiss her more often. :)

@marduk: This is one of those rare moments when I'm actually saddened by something a stranger is posting on line. All I can say is you've always come across as a very loving husband, and I hope this will play a major role in keeping you guys together, and happy.

Thanks rahv, its highly appreciated. Ive always done my best, but my wife was brought up in such a stale environment that it sometimes drives me nuts. Its a really hard work.

Hey Undo, its One of My Tunes, I believe. Waters seems to have summed it up, those lines hurt like fuck, and the way he sings it. I havent listened to The Wall for a long time, maybe because it makes me feel even shittier. As for buying new stuff etc. - the irony is that I found my wife lying on the bed in a new hot underwear (so it was actually her that tried this time), so it all started very well, but then it got weird. I should have myself lobotomised, thats all I can say.

I really hope you can work things out man :(
It doesnt seem too bad yet, does it? I mean, discussions about how bad the relationship is going are always very tough, but it's easier to prevent the fall than to climb up afterwards.
You've been together for so long and gone through so much, Im sure it's just temporary and you'll get back to the good times :)

blindfred said:

I don'T want to get used to it. I disagree. I don't want stop feeling my emotions, good or bad.
An innocent girl died. My cousin know her. So stop speculate. HE'S THE ASSHOLE

Status
Not open for further replies.