chat, feelings, and random discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
right, theory confirmed: all people of a certain (very rare and very heroic) kind die in september, after long struggles with cancer. third time's a charm (???), not a coincidence anymore. this time i didn't know her personally, but i certainly am a fan of her books and an admirer of her courage and determination. oriana fallaci dies at 76

@Undo: Don't you worry yourself with that. Wog is a (slightly dated) racial term used in Australia to refer to people of descent other than Anglo-Celtic (non-W.A.S.P.s, to use the more common american denomination), and Wog Boy the title of an allegedly sassy Australian comedy where the epithet is embraced as an almost-endearing term (much like when black people from the United States call each other my pals)... some time after the word had already gone out of fashion, apparently.

UndoControl said:
I never did like september much. Or august, or october, for that matter. The cool months start in november. Then february is weird and march is stupid, buy, hey, it's still winter. And april is a dead month, definitely.

That's it, just piss on all my favorite months. :p

April: B-day; August: anniversary, gf's bday; Sept: beginning of fall; October: I just plain love the weather. Oh yeah, and February is just awesome. Such a dead month.

~kov.

rahvin said:
Anglo-Celtic (non-W.A.S.P.s, to use the more common american denomination)
Funny how i understand the term ‘anglo-celtic’ but not the term ‘W.A.S.P.’. :D

rahvin said:
@Undo: Don't you worry yourself with that. Wog is a (slightly dated) racial term used in Australia to refer to people of descent other than Anglo-Celtic (non-W.A.S.P.s, to use the more common american denomination), and Wog Boy the title of an allegedly sassy Australian comedy where the epithet is embraced as an almost-endearing term (much like when black people from the United States call each other my pals)... some time after the word had already gone out of fashion, apparently.
Ah, thanks for that. *leanrs* :)

Kov said:
:lol:

Kovenant84 said:

April: B-day; August: anniversary, gf's bday; Sept: beginning of fall; October: I just plain love the weather. Oh yeah, and February is just awesome. Such a dead month.

~kov.

October is teh bestest (I was barn in the middle of autumn).

November in Jersey can also be nice.

Local weather and tourists made he dislike summer, non-rainy fall is awesome.

can you please set up a relief fund for me? (or a campaign fund, given the presidential program presented in the other thread)

on monday i'm finalizing the acquisition of a new flat. i just realized that after having paid the outstanding part of the price, state taxes, city taxes, taxes on the mortgage (yes, we have those) etc. i will be left with a grand total of 888 euros on my bank account (slightly more than $1000). i am really glad that the first instalment of the mortgage will be on dec 1st. i still don't know how i will pay for refurbishment work and furniture, but hey, advance investment in heavy machine guns might be the answer. :lol:

hyena: get flatmates or something :)

Dark_Silence said:
Plintus: you were born in october?

I agree, October is the best. Especially the 10th!

Oh, one of my most desireable female friends was born on that day :D Another one on 5th... and, yeah, I saw light on the 15th.

hyena said:
can you please set up a relief fund for me? (or a campaign fund, given the presidential program presented in the other thread)

just speculate a bit with the GNP of a small far eastern country, and you should be settled in no time :p

btw, isn´t this your second flat already? Do you own the other one, still, too? Because in that case I´m not gonna pity you :D

yeah, i will own the two on monday. going to rent the first one out to help with the mortgage.

however, i'm still going to be fairly broke. said mortgage is HUGE and i'll need to drink the kool-aid rather than expensive wine for a while. eww.

flatmates: sort of impossible since i basically decided to get a bigger flat in order to be able to have people over (mainly my family) for periods longer than 2 days, which is more or less what can be tolerated in my current very small flat.

add-on: getting a new flat ready is like going to war. all about sharp organization, too much money, and trying to bomb the right people at the right time.

I am going to an award show tonight (Independant and alternative music of Quebec "awards"... haha I tried to translate the name of the show hehe not easy )

I am really excited !
A lot of artists and people from the industry will be there.
Unexpect will perform and there will be a special award for Piggy from Voivod who died a year ago...
I'm getting ready soon ! :D New clothes, new hair, wooohoo!
Pictures to come this week...

Status
Not open for further replies.