chat, feelings, and random discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Siren :wave: It's been a long time. Good to have you back! Btw, how were your exams?

Oh, btw, I'm RampageSword, during your absence I went through a name change.

Reactions: Siren
Plintus, you seem to be attempting to get me fired. This is about the third time you've made me break down laughing at my desk. I wanted to formulate a response like 'you would', but couldn't because I was trying so hard not to laugh that the tears blocked my sight.

~kov.

Siren said:
I'm back. And i have dsl.

:D

welcome back. i currently have fibre-optic. i also currently have salmonellosis, and plumbers who are going to be working on my bathroom until friday. this means that i'm sick all the time but if i want to have a toilet handy i have to drive to the new flat and then sleep on the floor between bouts of sickness. :puke:(literally).

edit: this has nothing to do with my health, but i didn't want to double-post. scientology is apparently putting big money in google ads in order to have pages (even loosely) related to drugs and alcohol link to their "narconon" rehab program. i checked the narconon websites, in several languages, and not one of them mentions scientology directly - fair enough, they say that their method is based on the works of ron hubbard etc, but they tend not to say that once you're clean you'll probably be pressured into spending money in something that is possibly slightly more stupid than heroin, ie scientology itself.

Kovenant84 said:
Plintus, you seem to be attempting to get me fired. This is about the third time you've made me break down laughing at my desk. I wanted to formulate a response like 'you would', but couldn't because I was trying so hard not to laugh that the tears blocked my sight.

~kov.

Hm, it wasn't intentional :heh:

@Kov: :D

@ahgdjhgd (formerly known as Rampy): yeah it's been a long time, good to see you again! but why, oh why did you change your name?!? i guess i'll have to get used to this one. :) my exams didn't go as well as i wanted them to, but they weren't a disaster either. that said, i still have to get back a couple of results. but i'm glad that i at least achieved my most urgent goal and that this torture is finally over.

@hyena: owww, i'm so sorry you're sick. i really hope you get well soon! *brings you a clean bucket*

@plinty: some things never change.. :rolleyes:

Well, i haven't read the forum since i left, and it's been quite a while.. I don't know if i'll get to read what i lost or not, i'm tending towards no since it's quite a lot and i enjoy the sense of freedom i got. :p So if there's anything i absolutely must know, feel free to fill me in.
I also see the rep thing is back... that's the most retarded thing in the world (of UM). Congrats to the brilliant minds who thought of bringing it back..

Reactions: Arch
Salamurhaaja said:
This is a normal behavior from people, for some reason they seem to think that if they are nice to everyone, everyone will be nice to them in the future.
It's about greed, they may want something from him at some point, so can't
tell them the truth, cos they might remember that later.
You may be right, but frankly, I dont care whether it's greed, desire of calm/harmony, laziness, apathy or lack of integrity, the result is still the same. The more I think about it, the more it makes me sick and the more I think Im better off without them

/E: Welcome back Siren :) At least someone gets to spend a few weeks off the UM drug. I hope it did some good :p

Reactions: Siren
Dark_Silence said:
it is 2:22 AM and i cant sleep. I absolutely have to wake up at 8:00 tomorrow for University... I hate being alone at home...

When I'm home alone at night, I love re-running The Ring and Grudge movies (remakes), and I make those throaty sounds scaring myself.

Fun!

Welcome back, Siren! :wave:

plintus said:
When I'm home alone at night, I love re-running The Ring and Grudge movies (remakes), and I make those throaty sounds scaring myself.

Fun!

That would most likely be the only way to make the remakes scary.
Shame on you for even watching those, once was enough for me to scar
me for life and not in the good way.

Salamurhaaja said:

Shit, now I have to completely agree with you, for a change. :) I didnt even bother watching Grudge, The Ring was enough to make me feel really bad.

marduk1507 said:
Shit, now I have to completely agree with you, for a change. :)

*checks to see if Hell has frozen over*
Oh dear, bad news people, check the skies for flying cows and that stuff.

Salamurhaaja said:

I had nothing to compare this stuff to, and on it's own it was scary enough to leave the originals alone... for some time :heh:

I swear, Grudge and Ring remakes are teh funniest movies I ever saw. It's absolute bullshite. I watched those movies alone and all it did was make me laugh my ass off for a total 3 hours and lose some 20 IQ points for a week.

I have yet to find a Hollywood horror movie scary. The closest I can think of is The Shining (Kubrick's), and I'm not sure one should file that one in the "horror" category.

Horror movies from the far east don't do much for me either: while I guess I can see the point with them being just a little more insane and absurd to add to a feeling of disorientation in the viewers, the society they represent always fails to frighten me, for some reason.

Italian horror movies, on the other hand, are - in my opinion - often excellent. It's really one of the very few things I can say filmmakers from my country know how to do: they're usually gritty and rely more on twisted characters and eery atmosphere than the supernatural, for instance. Plus there's plenty of gore. You'd need to learn Italian to appreciate them at their fullest - or at least pay attention to the voices even as you're reading the subtitles - but it's worth it. The best ones are from the '70s and early '80s, because later there have been way too many attempts at recreating a more international style, with terrible results.

Care to name a few titles or directors? The movie fan in me is dying to see some real horror. When it comes to Italian horror I have only one name, Dario Argento, and it's not enough for my neverending thirst.

Taliesin said:
Now one of my friends is in Poland for half a year and we're organising a trip to go see him for a weekend and said main admin wants to come along and no one says anything. [...]

I just said Im not gonna go on the trip if said nutjob is there, too, because Im not gonna spend 200+ euros for a weekend trip, just to see his face all the time, and so far all I get in response is disbelief.. like Im the one being rude here.
What does it take for them to grow some balls and a backbone? I think if this apathy continues, my former "friendships" are gonna suffer a serious break

Why don´t you tell the guy that you think he shouldn´t travel with you? You can train your backbone :p

On the other hand it´s very simple, if you don´t like this guy, and don´t like your other friends for that they group with him, then don´t do this trip with them; visit your friend in Poland at another weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.