CHICAGO POWERFEST 2007 ANNOUNCES DATES, NEW VENUE & FIRST CONFIRMED BANDS

GateXII

Soul Collector
Jun 26, 2001
Chicago, IL
www.twelfthgate.net
CRJ Productions, the promoters of CHICAGO POWERFEST, would like to announce that the 5th annual metal festival will take place on Friday, April 20th and Saturday, April 21st at The Pearl Room in Mokena, IL. All ages welcome...plus CD/Merch vendors on-hand, giveaways and more.

Since it's beginning, the POWERFEST continues to establish itself as a weekend event of unrelenting METAL...featuring internationally-known and up-and-coming bands spanning various styles/sub-genres of metal with one common goal - to give fans a show they won't soon forget!!

To date, the first bands confirmed for the fest are Canada's technical death metal artists MARTYR, and Chicago's very own dark metal artists NOVEMBERS DOOM...both currently occupy the 2nd & 3rd slots (5 total) on the Saturday night of the fest. In addition, Ohio's thrash metallers SHATTER MESSIAH, featuring former NEVERMORE/ANNIHILATOR guitarist Curran Murphy and ex-ARCHETYPE vocalist Greg Wagner, have confirmed as the Friday night opener.

The remaining bands, which also include both headliners and both direct supports, will be announced in the upcoming weeks as they become confirmed. Ticket information will also be made available once the line-up is complete.

For more information regarding the fest and the bands, please visit www.ChicagoPowerfest.com

Nice .. Mokena will make for a much improved venue. I'm not familiar with Martyr, but November's Doom is cool ... can't wait for their new disc. Shatter Messiah's debut disc is also pretty darn good. Greg Wagner is a terrific singer. Well anyway, congrats .. I'll be looking forward to it.

Britt

No reply from Diabolik yet?
He must be adjusting his glasses, as each time he reads the announcement, it never says ELVENKING... :lol:

Thanks for the announcement Rob. Can't wait to hear the rest.

You guys know how I feel about ND, so right now I am already pleased with the fest.

They seem to be something of technical or melodic death in my opinion. Any chance of something like Into Eternity?

I'd also love to see Cellador (at least they're American) or maybe Persuader/Savage Circus?

Just hopin' :worship:

Nice.

November's Doom is all it takes for me to be happy. I'm not a big Martyr fan in the sense that I would listen to their discs all the time, but I always enjoy watching someone that is very good at what they do, which Martyr is.

Maybe Curran Murphy will break out a Galloglass tune since he was a guest on their most recent CD. He could dedicate it to Rob :)

Can't wait for more announcements! I'm hoping for Pharaoh and Division.

Ken

So far I only know a very little something about Novembers Doom and nothing about the two bands. So as of know I am not going, but maybe the headliners will turn my decision as they did last year.

WAIT! I thought you were going to be the MC?????

Anyone, and I mean anyone can MC as long as it's not that infernal idiot The SwordLord. Why no one got out the hook for his ass last year is beyond my comprehension.

But to stick with the topic... Very cool on the ND set. They don't play around these parts anywhere near as often as I'd like them to. Curious about Martyr and Shatter Messiah too, not to mention the other seven slots.

As for the venue... UPGRADE!

Anyone, and I mean anyone can MC as long as it's not that infernal idiot The SwordLord. Why no one got out the hook for his ass last year is beyond my comprehension.

But to stick with the topic... Very cool on the ND set. They don't play around these parts anywhere near as often as I'd like them to. Curious about Martyr and Shatter Messiah too, not to mention the other seven slots.

SwordLord was great! Whatchu talkin about Willis?

Cool Beans...

Never heard Martyr before but I am watching the full live show on their website and HOLY FUCK do these guys RIP!!!:OMG:

Another few Hoosiers will be there!

I only have one request... ok, two... Armored Saint... Benedictum...

Keep up the good work guys!

That's great man .... I couldn't stand him either. He wouldn't shut up. He kept yammering on and on. He must have prompted the crowd to give a round of applause 20 times. Funny stuff !!

Britt

Britt, I have always thought that Greg Wagner was the closest thing there is to Matt Barlow... So hell yes he is a terrific singer!:worship:

Check out the live Martyr show moyen format

They are great!!!
I love that guy .. never could figure out why Archetype let him go. Me and Greg/Zod thought he should have been considered for the IE job when Barlow left. I don't know if he ever even caught Jon's attention, but we thought he was a potential fit at that time.

By the way Greg/Zod and Paula might be coming to Powerfest. Zod digs November's Doom, and the wife has always wanted to visit the Chicago area.

Britt

PS Thanks for the link .. I'll pass it Greg's way as well