CHICAGO POWERFEST Tix Available at Upcoming Klas Showcase!!!

GateXII

Soul Collector
Jun 26, 2001
Chicago, IL
www.twelfthgate.net
Here's a killer show for you guys to check out this Saturday if you're in the area. Also, John will be at the show selling Powerfest tickets to anyone who wants to avoid those bullshit Ticketmaster fees. ;)

WARNING: If you're strictly into Power Metal or Folk Metal, you should probably stay home!! :lol: We don't want to listen to your bitching about the quality of bands...only people who are into heavy shit & want to check out cool young bands. :p

The guy who put this show together is helping us out a LOT with the fest & we're returning the favor...and this is exactly what the NEW Chicago metal scene should be...metal fans/bands/promoters helping each other out & sticking together.

Thanks Jorge!!!! :kickass:

Info:
l_94ca3dfe67a27e948d71fdf416fea6d5.gif

this is a definite miss. I like to keep NuMetal and mallcore out of my metal as much as possible.....

note to Rob. I am not just into Power and Folk. I like Death, thrash, black metal and even some hardcore. so your jab didnt work.:Smug:

How come no one is talking about Powerfest???????
Seriously folks..
There has been more talk about other shows and festivals lately....

What gives???????????

this is a definite miss. I like to keep NuMetal and mallcore out of my metal as much as possible.....

note to Rob. I am not just into Power and Folk. I like Death, thrash, black metal and even some hardcore. so your jab didnt work.:Smug:

You think it's always just about you, don't you? :rolleyes:

And out of my morbid curiousity, please name some of your favorite death & hardcore (not punk) bands.

You think it's always just about you, don't you? :rolleyes:

And out of my morbid curiousity, please name some of your favorite death & hardcore (not punk) bands.

hardcore......

Gorilla Biscuits
early Agnostic Front
Cro Mags
Uppercut
Maximum Penalty
Killing Time
early Sick of it All
Ratos De paro

death metal.....

early Death (cant get into anything they did in the 90's)
Diabolic
Hobbs Angel of Death
Pestilence
Rigor Mortis
The Chasm

I see your hardcore bands, and raise you these:
- 7 Seconds
- Government Issue
- Warzone (How did you forget them Bob?)
- Ludichrist (one of the earliest cross-over bands)
- Los Crudos

How come no one is talking about Powerfest???????
Seriously folks..
There has been more talk about other shows and festivals lately....

What gives???????????

*shrugs* We all know about it already, and there are stickies that explain everything to anyone new. Sure, I'll talk about it... but how many times could I possibly say "Alex Skolnick is awesome live... can't wait to see Matt Barlow."

Yeah, but last year, there were many threads where people discussed albums of lesser known bands, etc..

I know this year's line up was the subject of a lot of controversy, but I still expected people to be discussing the bands a bit more

I see your hardcore bands, and raise you these:
- 7 Seconds
- Government Issue
- Warzone (How did you forget them Bob?)
- Ludichrist (one of the earliest cross-over bands)
- Los Crudos

damn!!! I hate Warzone. The first disc was good but after the singer threatened me with a boot party, I was done with them.

Yeah, but last year, there were many threads where people discussed albums of lesser known bands, etc..

I know this year's line up was the subject of a lot of controversy, but I still expected people to be discussing the bands a bit more

I'm still waiting for my Epicurean disc to arrive.