CHILDREN OF BODOM - Trashed, Lost & Strung Out

HOM is a perfect analogy, as they do what they do very light heartedly ... and in a fun way (at least this is what I get from it).
MOD, Weird Al are obvious parodies ...
I just think that COB is by no means brilliant, they have their place somewhere on the "crank it up and drive fast on a summer day" highway.

I think sometimes you guys review such records with too much of a critical eye ... instead of letting the obvious goofiness envelop you :loco:

Oh yeah ...

transu1128~img.jpg

all the long time fans on the COB board will tell you the same shit: COB has gone way the fuck downhill over the last 2-3 years. Your attempt at a forced forum war is stupid, though.

lurch70 said:
I just think that COB is by no means brilliant, they have their place somewhere on the "crank it up and drive fast on a summer day" highway.

Yeah, I'm not sure if their entire catalog would be considered as such, but this release is a "party CD" for sure. It's like non-stop frenzy of guitars, drums, and keys - the guitar solos are manic, and the vocals are 'scream at the top of your lungs' type madness.

Plus the Alice Cooper cover is cool. The Andrew WK cover sucks, only because the original is dire.

I guess I'm confused as to what makes you think I reviewed this as seriously as I would a serious release. Again, did you read the review or just look at the score?

bobvex said:
all the long time fans on the COB board will tell you the same shit: COB has gone way the fuck downhill over the last 2-3 years. Your attempt at a forced forum war is stupid, though.

That's just Josh though. He likes to try to incite forum wars and then gets all offended when people say "my pals".

MajestikMøøse said:
That's just Josh though. He likes to try to incite forum wars and then gets all offended when people say "my pals".

+ he started a thread on Kelly Clarkson ... so he does not no really count :wave:

bobvex said:
all the long time fans on the COB board will tell you the same shit: COB has gone way the fuck downhill over the last 2-3 years.

That's the point of my review really - there is no way that I would consider "Follow the Reaper" or "Something Wild" to be 'joke' releases - would you? Although the band might not be taking themselves seriously with this specific release -- you only have to watch the home video footage to tell that -- I regard them as a band that was once very serious about their music.

Correct me if I'm wrong - I'm sincerely interested.

Your attempt at a forced forum war is stupid, though.

Yeah, don't hold us accountable for the actions of individuals. I'm sure PJ is willing to take PMs. :tickled:

JayKeeley said:
That's the point of my review really - there is no way that I would consider "Follow the Reaper" or "Something Wild" to be 'joke' releases - would you? Although the band might not be taking themselves seriously with this specific release -- you only have to watch the home video footage to tell that -- I regard them as a band that was once very serious about their music.

I'm not saying this is a joke release, it may be, I don't care anymore. But I mean that the quality of the music has gone to utter shit. Granted their lyrics never ever made me think, but I never cared about the lyrics to begin with. Originally I was into them for the guitar playing, maybe not the songwriting, but Alexi's guitar playing. Your review is fine, I agree with it, it HAS turned into metal for the masses. I just hope when the full length comes out it's a little better than the EP's preview. My hopes aren't high though. I've looked elsewhere for quality music.

JayKeeley said:
Yeah, don't hold us accountable for the actions of individuals. I'm sure PJ is willing to take PMs. :tickled:
I wanted to tell him publicly

Papa Josh said:
Do you now feel empowered? :rolleyes:

And yeah, for the record, I would gladly listen to Kelly Clarkson before Children of fucking Boredom. :D

Do you feel empowered for trying unsuccessfully to start a forum war?

To each their own.

I'm listening to kelly clarkson right now.

In all seriousness, this isnt too bad. I'm sure it would be quite dull after 10 listens though.

Kelly Clarkson > Bodom

Maybe I'll trade Follow the Reaper in for some K.C